1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DVD player

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by codewize, Dec 28, 2002.

1. codewize

codewize Member

To all,

I have a 3 year old Sony DVD player that also plays VCD's. I am unable to play any I create however. The DVD player tries to read the VCD but is unable. I have followed all the tutorials perfectly. I have used different types of media and different burn speeds (8, 12, 48). Does anyone have any ideas why my play would be unable to play the cd's I've created? I'm using Nero 5.5 to burn. I can play the movies with media player once created with TMPGEnc and I'm fairly certain I'm doing everything correct. Is it possible that even though my DVD player says it supports VCD's it doesn't? Anyone else have this issue.

Thanks in advance,
    Carl

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

3 years old? It might only sup[port vcd 1.1. nero create vcd2.0

I'm not to sure hopw to make vcd 1.1 though

3. pystad

pystad Member

Your Sony player sounds like mine - it can play commercially produced vcds OR cdr-w vcds. You might also try 'silver' cdrs - Princo 'silvers' being a brand that many people have suggested as being compatible with fussy Sony players.

I now have a CHEAP Auriga brand standalone DVD player that plays EVERY non-standard vcd I have made so far.

4. Cynic

Cynic Member

I have a Sony DVP-S360 and it will only
    play VCDs recorded on a CDRW. I use Memorex CDRWs.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2003