1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony dvd-r accurcore discs?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by vickyrees, Feb 17, 2007.

1. vickyrees

vickyrees Member

hi
    i have a sony dvd rw dw-d22a bys2 updated with the latest firmware to the dw-d22a bys6, i have burnt dvds on the new sony accucore dvd+r but i cannot burn on the sony accucore dvd-r - is there anything specific i could be missing? i am using power producer 2 gold and have had no problems with it until using these dvd-r discs and i can burn on any other dvd-r but when i try to burn with them power producer ejects the disc and says burning failed unspecified error ?????? i would greatly appreciate any help in solving this
    thanks guys
    vicky

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi vickyrees
    What speed are your trying to burn them at? May want to try taking it down a notch or 2 and see if that does the trick.

Another option may want to give a shot. The Sony is actually an oem LiteOn SOHW-1633s. Might want to crossflash to that firmware.
    If the drive is still under warranty by chance would void the warranty.
    You can use the BSOY patched crossflasing from codeguys

3. vickyrees

vickyrees Member

hi
    i have tried burning at 4 6 and 8 and it still wont let me and have used the 2 from codeguys and its still the same, thanks for trying to help me though. :(

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Dang - too bad one of those didn't do the trick.

If you still have the receipt may just want to return them if you can - you just might have a bad batch.