1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DVP-NS300 Not Reading CD-R

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by jheffern, May 12, 2003.

1. jheffern

jheffern Member

My fairly new Sony DVP-NS300 is not reading music CD-R's made on computers. I could swear that it used to work but checking the manual, it says CD-R is not supported. After inserting the CD, it churns for a while and eventually displays "no disc inserted" or something like that. Regular music CD's work fine. The same CD-R's will work on my portable player. I searched here and found that different brands work better than others and perhaps that Sony players are sensitive to brands but then again I think it used to work.

Any help appreciated...

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

See if there's an firmware update for your Sony at the main website or you can look here m8.
    The Firmware Page:http://forum.firmware-flash.com/portal.php

Shoey :)

3. jheffern

jheffern Member

It turns out this player does not support CD-R and CD-RW. It happened to work on the one I got for a while. What a bummer. This model is definately a lemon due to this and reading other reviews of it...

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

A lemon for sure m8. Maybe consider a Lite-On dvd burner?

Shoey :)

5. jheffern

jheffern Member

Note that this is not a computer unit but a home stereo/video unit. But I just got a Panasonic Unit that works...

Thanks for the help...