1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DW-U14A doesnt write at 4x on Princo media

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by dipu, Jan 22, 2004.

1. dipu

dipu Member

Hi guys, I need a big help to write 4x on princo media by Sony U14A writer. It doesnt write at 4x but software shows it is writing on 4x. it tooks 35min to write a complete 4gb movie. I change the firmware DW-U14A to 510 sony writer with firmwire 1.0c. it doesnt help anything. Please does sombody knows good solution to write at 4x speed by Sony 14awriter. Thanks in advance.

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Sounds like its struggling to do 2x. Had the same problem with some Datawrite Princo on my DVR 105. Princo media is useless, get yourself some grade Ritek from www.dvd-and-media.com

3. dipu

dipu Member

I need a basic help not the advertise of DVD-Media com to buy ritek. I appreciate your help but My problem is that no disc can burn at 4x in my Sony U14A drive. I tried all sort of firmware and several media. Bulqpaq,datawrite,princo. Nothing burnt at 4x but software shows it does burn at 4x took 30 min up. I need help pls.

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Have u tried Ritek diiscs? The reason i mentioned dvd-and-media.com is that they are genuine Ritek Grade discs, some places have grade b or less.

5. DarkmanX

DarkmanX Regular member

Dipu, this issue maybe a media issue, maybe it isn't. Sony's are very fussy about the type of media that is compatable. There is a compatabilty chart that you may want to consult first. I believe Sony's support sight has a chart for compatable media. It may also be at www.dvdrhelp.com. You should experiment with other media to see if that is the issue, like TDK's. Also, I'd make sure that you are not running any other software in the background; software firewalls, antivirus, etc. I'd also check to see if you have an 80 pin IDE connector. I found that manufactures may skimp on components to cut back on cost and give you a 40 pin IDE cable which can bottleneck your data transfer. There is other settings that have been brought up, mostly by me, that document having your settings in Ultra DMA mode for your primary and secondary IDE channels. Search for this info on this site. Hope this helps!