1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony giga pocket drivers.

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by SeanZ0r, Aug 20, 2005.

1. agak

agak Regular member

Try again
    Go to your device manage. (Start, settings, control panel, system)
    It should show up with an error code. ! or ? etc.
    Normally it is in 'sound, video and game controllers'
    Right click on it and click 'update driver'.
    Click 'no'
    Click 'Install from a specific location'
    Click 'don't search'
    Click 'have disk'
    Browse to drivers folder and pick smbe.inf
    Click 'OK'
    It should install that .inf and .sys file.
    Should work
    :)

2. rockbash

rockbash Member

The card shows up under Other devices as a PCI Device. I tried it the way you suggest and still get the message "The hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software." I am going to try pulling the card out and reinstalling it now that I have Giga Pocket and the driver on the computer. I'll let you know if it makes any difference.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  3. dorkyfool

dorkyfool Member

I need help with my giga pocket and not sure where to turn. I need to rewire the harness to the Motherboard. Smart me decided to try this card in my custom pc and removed the wires from the harness (black wire holder!) (I-link header harness). Now I have no idea where they go! I am attempting to contact Sony parts sales about getting a new harness as I rebuild this Vaio. I am the original owner and original fool who got so "smart!" Any help is appreciated.

4. agak

agak Regular member

dorkyfool
    What model?

5. dorkyfool

dorkyfool Member

PCV-RS613GX is the model.

6. agak

agak Regular member

7. dorkyfool

dorkyfool Member

Agak, Thank you so much. You helped me more than you will ever know. I won't for sure if I can get this running till I get some more parts in on Wednesday. But wanted to confirm one thing. On the power harness (That is the only one I lost after all) does it go purple, then white, or white then purple. Here is what I have:

Purple, White, Blue, White, Red White (on bottom). I then have orange white above and closer to the memory slots. Can you or anyone confirm this power setup?

8. dorkyfool

dorkyfool Member

I was able to trial and error fix it. No need for response to wiring concern. Again, thank you agak!

9. cchap

cchap Member

I need some help and I was wondering if any of you could provide it. I just upgraded my Sony Vaio PCV-RS710GX to vista ultimate and now the giga pocket card isnt working. I already tried some of the links on here and they did not work. Any help please? I cant find the drivers anywhere.

10. cchap

cchap Member

Actually I found a way to get it to work. For vista download these drivers. The first time I downloaded it it must have been corrupted but it worked the second time. the link is : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2G0G8IRQ

11. dolphin13

dolphin13 Member

Glad to see this is still being visited. Just tried replacing the files (as mentioned above) and that still did not work:( Have a clean install of Vista Ultimate on an RC14G. Installed basic drivers and GigaPocket (UAC off or there is an error box with "aaa"). Here's the strange, will work until reboot? I installed the original factory drivers from the Sony Website, GigaPocket and then the update. Everything works great until a reboot, then playback is fine, but record brings up "Sgpcom.exe" has stopped working. Any thoughts or ideas? I've been steadily working on this for about a year (little progress).

12. cchap

cchap Member

I wish I knew what to tell you but sorry I dont.

13. dolphin13

dolphin13 Member

What version of Gigapocket are you using? Any updates? What about the MPEG encoder board...seperate install or with Gigapocket? On what system? Can you direct me to where you downloaded the files or provide me a copy of them?

14. Chunky21

Chunky21 Member

Hey guys I just inherited a pcva-imb5a from a friend and have been having a hell of a time trying to get it to work with Vista.

I have Vista ultimate and want to get it up and running. Are there any workarounds or drivers that I can get to make it install properly?

15. funmidele

funmidele Member

Hi, Can anyone help with Giga Pocket driver for Sony Vaio PCG-GRT380ZG laptop? I have tried Sony support site with no luck, unfortunately the software for the laptop is bad and can not install.

16. OKCS

OKCS Member

17. sonyuser

sonyuser Member

I've been successfully running Giga Pocket 5.x on my vaio vgn-a290 until recently when the software started having problems. I couldn't recover the app from my dvd's b/c my motherboard was replaced a few months ago and my recovery dvd's wouldn't recognize the computer. I managed to extract the sony.pac file and recovered the drivers, but the Giga app doesn't seem to want to launch (it's an application module, not a setup file on the recovery dvd). I tried other versions of Giga Pocket (through downloads from this thread) to no avail. The TV tuner card is built into my docking station (vgp prav-1) and I'm running XP home. Can anyone provide help with either information on extracting the correct Giga setup file from my recovery dvd's or providing a link to a Giga version that will work with my tuner card & OS. Many Thanks!

18. agak

agak Regular member

If your main board was replaced and now no longer recognizes the app recovery DVD, than the on board dmi was not updated to your model and serial number info. If it was done by Sony or a service, you should have them write the info into bios.

19. sonyuser

sonyuser Member

Thanks. Yes, I've already made plans to bring it in to have the motherboard "tattooed", but it'll be a couple of weeks. Is there no immediate (if not temporary) solution to get a Giga Pocket software functional on my system?

20. agak

agak Regular member

If the drivers are correct for your tuner card than have you tried Gigapocket for the ENX_26 card from ramchip previously posted? (pg16 and elsewhere)