1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony giga pocket drivers.

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by SeanZ0r, Aug 20, 2005.

1. sonyuser

sonyuser Member

Yes, tried that download. Unfortunately, when I launch the installed app, it returns with a Channel Settings Error:
    "CHSETUP : 6003
    Fail IInputInfo::GetAvailableBaseChannel()function.(0x80004005)"
    then a TV Setup Error:
    "TVSETUP : 6023
    Fail IInputSwitch::Initialize() function.(0x80010105)"
    Then the app closes. Any ideas how to resolve?

2. wilkcards

wilkcards Guest

Ok, these drivers are working for me in media center with vista. This is great, because I was just about ready to buy a new TV tuner after upgrading to vista ultimate. The quality on some channels is terrible, but I'll take what I can get. I'll only be using it with my 360 as an extender anyways.

Thanks

3. ramchip

ramchip Member

When I go to this link, it says it has been removed?
    Anyone else getting this error?

4. knfusd

knfusd Regular member

gakFirst, I apologize i'm not purposely trying to hijack this thread, just trying to get an answer from someone who must know. I was given a pcv-rs 430G sony vaio with giga pocket and was wondering if it works correctly or not. Can the giga pocket record cable channels or just the broadcast channels in your area. If it can or is supposed to be able to record the cable channels will or should that update program help me to correct the problem with the giga pocket program that I have? Again, my apologies for any wrong doings I may have committed Thanks for any reponses!! Thanks for your response Agak I ask only because I can view/record the broadcast stations but can't view/record any of the cable stations off my cable box so I just don't know if it's unable to do so or if I haven't done something that I need to, or if the program needs the update that you guys were refering to. (It's also why I edited this message instead of reposting. This question would be off the thread topic) If you can answer this I would be grateful!! Thanks Again!!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2008
  5. agak

agak Regular member

ramchip,
    Did you want the original ENX-26 MCE Drivers? These work with Vista Ultimate and TotalMedia3:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YRENEE70

knfused
    GigaPocket will record/view analog broadcast, standard cable or s-video in from a cable dvr box. RS430G works OK out of the box. Never upgrade unless you have to fix a problem. Things stop working.

:)

6. RICKRACK

RICKRACK Member

7. RICKRACK

RICKRACK Member

doctechx----Not only was your info useful, it was the only solution from all the others posted on this thread that worked for me with the conversion from MCE to Vista Home Premium. I searched all over online for the answer and you provided it. This was VERY frustrating to me, too, and made me nuts till I tried what you suggested!!!

I think you are a GENIUS!! Your instructions were simple and allowed me to watch TV with Media Center.

You posted your instructions in September 2007 and I just used them now on 6-23-08 after installing Vista this weekend. I hope you and others read my response and use your knowledge like I did.

Much Thanks,

Richard

8. dogman13

dogman13 Member

Hello All, I have a Sony VAIO PCV-RS430G , I had a HD failure & had the shop replace the drive. They used my restore disk, & now Giga Pocket doesn't work. Does anyone know what I need to DL & install to get this to work? Thanks

9. dogman13

dogman13 Member

Also I tried to get new Recovery disks from sony, but they no longer have them, Does anyone know where to get them? They did give me the part #A8117685A. the only other option to send the computer to them & have them reimage the computer, if I have to do this after replacing the HD + Labor I could have almost paid for a new computer. Any Ideas.
    Please Help
    Thank You

10. agak

agak Regular member

If an original restore disc was used, GigaPocket should be there.
    Otherwise see page 10 of this forum and the post from jonxtreme for your setup files.
    :)

11. dewgongoo

dewgongoo Member

does anyone know how to turn on/unmute this "CD Player" or the auxiliary sound in vista business?

my giga pocket is silent as well

12. money4400

money4400 Member

need to find out how to use my card i own a sony vaio but dont have recovery disc's enx26

13. gradeon

gradeon Member

hey i need some help with my computer. i have a sony PCV-RS720G but about a month ago someone used my computer and royally screwed it up and i had to reformat the whole thing because i didn't have the recovery disks. i installed windows vista ultimate and now i don't know how to install the giga pocket card. i downloaded the drivers and the program that you guys posted up but when i install the program it says im missing sgppq.dll and i dont even have any idea what i have to do with the drivers. i thought i could install the drivers through the device manager but i don't see it on the list and i know for a fact that everything is connected good and there is nothing wrong with the giga pocket card. what should i do is there another way of installing the drivers without it being through device manager?

14. gradeon

gradeon Member

ok i see it now and supposedly it already had the latest drivers installed. so basically theres nothing i can do with the drivers now. i installed giga pocket software and when i open it it tells me this msg. "Cannot launch giga pocket because the giga pocket database might be damaged." ive read that it's because of the d:\ giga pocket folder but problem is i dont have have a d:\ hdd. dont kno if i said that right. is there a way to fix this because giga pocket has worked for me b4 vista and i only have a c: drive. this giga pocket is killling me

15. artepalm

artepalm Member

16. agak

agak Regular member

Look on the pci board and describe the ENX-number?

17. nesha

nesha Member

I have Sony Vaio pcv-w2 and I can't find any tv station on standard antenna with my giga pocket. Can you help me?

18. jomaham

jomaham Member

I just had my hard drive on my Sony VAIO replaced. The tech installed a copy of "NERO". NERO has a live TV option that will support the Vaio TV tuner. It will look different than Giga pocket, and doesn't support the SONY remote. Channels are selected by mouse. NERO also has DVD and CD and Video support.
    Check EBAY or AMAZON for availability.

19. Zero62692

Zero62692 Member

I seem to be having an odd problem with my card. I installed a new OS (Windows 7) and giga pocket programs run fine, but it dose not see the card or any of the hardware components. I have a vaio PCV-RZ24G and I dont know what to do. Some please help!

20. agak

agak Regular member