1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony giga pocket drivers.

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by SeanZ0r, Aug 20, 2005.

1. rochesan

rochesan Member

I'm at my wits end here.

Have a PCV-RS630G, I never bothered with Gigapocket until now. I reloaded the app and drivers - it worked great - until I rebooted. Now the application just hangs. Which is odd because if I go into TV setup I can flip through all the channels in the preview window, but the app itself just hangs.
    I uninstall, reinstall. It works great, until I reboot, then it hangs.
    Any ideas?

2. JayFinley

JayFinley Member

I know this thread is for the drivers, but what can you do to FIX GigaPocket? My problem is with the Video Capsules it records and stores. I can't play any back with GigaPocket. I get an error message that it has to close, and the capsule is left in memory (in use) and i have to restart the computer in order to delete them. I have to export the capsules in order to watch them, which limits my remote to only record and stop. This has been bugging me for a while now, so i'm hoping i'll get an answer (fix) for this problem. Thank you for your time.

3. philly15

philly15 Member

i just upgrade from xp home to vista 7 and allthe gigapocket files are gone.
    My computer model is pcv-rs422x, i have checked sony site http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-list.pl?mdl=PCVRS422X&LOC=3
    and it only show the update utility for giga pocket.
    also computer said that im missing the sony mpeg realtime encoder board---maybe related to gigapocket?

can you please help me? where can i get the program? drivers?

4. agak

agak Regular member

Check out page 10
    ENX26 card will need gigapocket 5 (GigaPocket_files.zip)
    I would like to know if it works on windows 7
    Reply to everyone if it does.

5. philly15

philly15 Member

okay i installed giga pocket and when opening the program i receives 2 messages:

1: another application is using hardware overlay. please retry after exiting another application using overlay function....

-- this problem might be from my video card (ati radeon 9200, omega drivers) as it isn't 3-d compactible. other type of radeon 9200 drivers were able to display 3-d but it gives me the BSOD, so i going to stay with omega drivers which is stable.

2. failed to set channel using giga pocket hardware libary.

--- not sure what the problem is.

hope this helps, im going to try with windows xp pro another time.

6. stevenl

stevenl Member

I'm trying to help my sister-in-law with her Sony Vaio PC. The motherboard needed replacing, so I ended up having an ASUS motherboard installed. I installed all the software, but like many others here, I cannot get the Giga Pocket to play audio for live TV. If I record something, there is audio when I do a playback.

It's running Windows XP Pro SP3, and I installed Giga Pocket 5.5

The model number of the PC is VGC-RB64G.

I forgot to mention that the TV tuner card is the ENX-26.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Steve

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  7. agak

agak Regular member

You might try going to windows audio input properties and try setting to 'stereo mix'.
    Some people have had to add a audio jumper wire from the enx card to aux input connector on main board.

8. stevenl

stevenl Member

I tried activating "stereo mix", but it didn't do anything.

I looked at the card, and it appears that Sony uses a proprietary audio cable (surprise, surprise).

Anyway, I've given up trying to get it to work properly. She doesn't really use the TV tuner, so she's just happy to get her PC back.

9. ausher

ausher Member

i checked the sony site and cannot find the appropriate driver for this card. i dont even know what kind of card is other than its a sony. its a pcv-rz22g computer and here is a pic of the card [​IMG]
    ok i need sony giga pocket installed i went to there site and downloaded it and tried to install it, but it keeps saying "giga pocket is not installed at first install giga pocket..."

10. agak

agak Regular member

11. ausher

ausher Member

ok thanks for the link but when i try to install from the file "2 install GigaPocket XP v4.3" i get these two errors

SMBE VXD_CreateFile Error
    cannot open driver. please exit other application using database and restart this

also when i restart the computer this pops up

(RMAN 1007) cannot launch sony mpeg2 encoder board does not respond. please select [systems] in [control panel] and display of the properties of [sony mpeg2 encoder board(32bit) in [device manager] tab and check the device status.

now when i go into device manager there is a yellow icon with a ? in it. like it doesnt recongnise the card.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  12. agak

agak Regular member

Goto device manager and update the "?" driver files with the drivers in #2 drivers folder. These are the XP/media center/media server 2003 drivers and will not work with Vista.

13. ausher

ausher Member

i tried that and it keeps saying cannot find necissary software. im running xp pro btw.

14. raybatts

raybatts Member

I bought a new Sony Vaio PCV-W1 desktop PC/TV some years ago. It has worked fine until recently when I noticed that the Volume + (Plus) on the Sony RM-GP5U remote control didn't work. Neither did the Volume + on the upturned keyboard although I can increase the volume using Giga Pocket's software on-screen volume control.

So using the hardware controls, I can reduce volume but not increase it. I bought a new GP5U remote control which made no difference.

How can I fix this problem?

I have all the original CDs and paperwork that came with my Sony.

15. ateam201

ateam201 Member

hello i have this card
    front PCB:
    1-860-696-21 ENX-26

back PCB:
    pcva-imb5a

out of a sony desktop but the hard drive failed now and I wanted to see if i can find drivers for it. for some reason the task has been rather diffcult. I have been going through the thread but ram has removed the drivers if someone could pm me a link for the drivers .. its enx-26 card
    it has s-video input as well as composite(red, yellow, white) and the coaxial. thanks in advance

16. agak

agak Regular member

17. dvb_2

dvb_2 Member

Hi, agak!
    I need your help.
    I have a Sony Vaio PCV-MX3GK from Japan, but I am from Russia :O(
    I have drivers for installed in my Sony ENX-13 TV Card :O) XP sp2 names
    it: "Sony MPEG2 Encoder Board (WDM)". Unfortunately I have not Giga Pocket application which will be work properly with my ENX-13.
    Can you help me?
    Sorry for my English.

18. agak

agak Regular member

For the ENX13 the only thing to try is GigaPocket for ENX15
    from this forum on page 12

19. dvb_2

dvb_2 Member

Thanks, I tried it now, but unfortunately Timer recording manager say when starting: "(RMAN 3524) Cannot run Timer recording manager because Giga Pocket database might be damaged" :O(

20. agak

agak Regular member

dvb_2
    Do you have a D:\ partition?
    It is required for the app to run.