1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SONY HANDYCAM DCR-HC19E MISSING "CD-ROM"

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by roccolfc, Dec 10, 2009.

1. roccolfc

roccolfc Member

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/12/06/review_dell_inspiron_6400/page3.html

Lap top does have a four-pin Fire-Wire connector is this good enough ...

Cable ? Do i just buy a 4 pin to 4 pin firewire cable or is there a certain/best type ?

Going to go with the advice of WinDV AND DVD flick as very bad reports about picture package ...

2. PFloyd

PFloyd Regular member

4 pin to 4 pin will be ok

3. josephaj

josephaj Member

Even i was in need of this info guys...Thanks for sharing your viewswith us.

4. Richie666

Richie666 Member

Hi guys......Have a similar problem. I have a new laptop after my other died....and it seems I DONT have a firewire port on there :(

Is there a piece of hardware (I guess it might be a fireware card, or something that changes my USB port to a firewire?) that I can buy so I can connect my DCR-HC19E Sony Handycam to my laptop ASPIRE 5738Z ?

Any help with this would be very much appreciated as I am trying to get the film of my recently deceased grandmother, onto DVD for my family.

Thankyou

Richie.

5. stupot52

stupot52 Member

I have the original Picture Package 1.5 CD Rom that was sold along with my HC19E camera....I will be glad to let you have it as....I have a new laptop running Windows Vista which doesn't support either the drivers for the camera or Picture Package Software. I have been to the Sony Europe website and have managed to download and install a Driver that recognises the camera. I have also installed something called PMB (Picture Motion Browser) which seems to have the same attributes as PP...However, one cannot import taped images to the computer using a USB connection....it apparently needs an i-LINK connection. I see the "DV Out" hole in the camera but nothing similar on my HP G60-214EM laptop....How does one do this ?

Sorry if I've hi-jacked your thread but it seems there are a few of us with similar problems out there...

Let me know if you want the CD-Rom and we can exchange details.

Regards,

stupot52