1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Handycam DCR - TRV280 driver?

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by zombieman, Nov 26, 2006.

1. zombieman

zombieman Regular member

I know this has been posted before but im not having any luck finding the driver for my TRV280. I am going crazy looking, and want to tranfer my video to my PC. Someone please help me find this driver. I have looked everywhere. Thanks.

2. GoCatGo

GoCatGo Member

In case someone still needs the driver for the Sony DCR TRV-280:

First off, it appears the download at Sony is only an update for those who happen to already have the software. I didn't jack with it.

I found THIS DRIVER at driverguide.com. It was for a TRV-250 but worked like a charm.

Just install the driver BEFORE you plug in the HandyCam. You need a USB A to mini-B cord. I found one on ebay for about $4 which included shipping.

You don't need the Picture Package software that came with the camcorder. Any movie editing software will do, including Windows MovieMaker that comes on your XP machine.

Note, however, that once you install the driver (you may have to restart your computer) and then plug in the camcorder, it won't show up as a drive the way flash drives and mp3 players do. But open up moviemaker and there she'll be.

You'll have to record the video while it's playing, but it's pretty straightforward. Point being, the video isn't already digitized simply because you have a computer connection. In other words, you won't be able to make a drag-and-drop of a file like an mp3.

Hope this helps the next person who comes down this road.

3. kelly5506

kelly5506 Member

I have this camera and use window movie maker. It looks great on the lcd screen playback but when I try to record it onto windows movie it looks horrible! What might I be doing wrong? I made it the high resolution and it didnt help. Any thoughts?

4. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member