1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony has stopped writing -Rs

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by nocode, Mar 18, 2004.

1. nocode

nocode Member

i have the sony DW-U14A, depending what im doing i use dvddecrypter, dvd shrink and dvd2one with nero, now i mainly use +Rs but have been using -Rs aswell but all of a sudden whenever i try to burn with -Rs it fails but if i put a +R in it burns fine, any ideas, the -R discs are swisstec, a cheapo brand i know but why would i have successfully burnt 7 so i cant see it being the discs at fault, cheers...

2. Damon1

Damon1 Regular member

If the last 7 dvd-r discs that worked are from a different batch than the one that aren't working now,you could try a firmware update.

Because of newer versions of dvd-r recording standards, some drive's need an update before reading the newer discs.

If that's not the case, I'd check back to when it started and see if you installed/changed anything around that time.

Packet writing software can really screw up your burns, Roxio is a known problem for conficting with other software.
    I'd probably close down everthing using msconfig and see if u have an issue.

I'd check if it isn't just this brand of disc and test on another brand as well.

It could be any of a whole lot of other problems, but see if any of these work first.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]AKA: TRHR (The Red Headed Ranger).
    [​IMG]

Come say hello and join the Afterdawn IRC Channel
    server: irc.addictz.net
    Channel: ad_buddies[/small]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2004