1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony ilink 1394

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by msherm, Aug 3, 2006.

1. msherm

msherm Guest

I have a Sony VAIO PCVRS724G desktop pc running windows XP Home editiion. It came with a 1394 card installed and TV capability with remote control and a lot of digital stuff. Although I am good with computers I have to admit that I know little or nothing about the 1394 and what it is used for and how to use. I tried to find info on the net, which wasn't much help.
    I would like to know in more detail about the 1394/Ilink that came with my Sony system and how to use for TV, camcorders and other digital devices. Can someone give me a site that would explain this in detail or themselves explain it? Just to start how do I set up digital TV on my Sony VAIO using the 1394/Ilink? Any and all info will be greatly appreciated.
    Matt

2. hermes_vb

hermes_vb Regular member

Ilink/1394/Firewire is all the same. It's a high speed port comparable to USB 2.0 (but better in my opinion). You can use it to connect external devices like hard drives, Burners, etc. but they are mostly used as an interface to import video from digital camcorders.