1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SONY IS MAKING ME NUTS !!

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by DVDCO, May 22, 2005.

1. DVDCO

DVDCO Member

Hi everyone,
    New here and my first post is a cry for help. Bought a Sony AVD-S500ES on clearance sale (new in the box). Everything was fine until I tried to play a DVD. The picture has a heavy green , "pixelated" appearance which I cannot get rid of. Read the manual cover to cover, tried differnt cables, in component /S video and RCA connections. Tried progressive and interlace , nothing gets rid of the green broken image.
    Any idea what might be happening, My cheapo Phillips DVD player, plays just fine. Thanks.

2. DVDCO

DVDCO Member

UPDATE: Retailer exchanged the unit TWICE. I'm on my third , new in the box AVD-500ES from the Sony co. Has anyone else experienced problems like this. The two faulty units both suffered with DVD playback issues.

3. nate2005

nate2005 Regular member

Hi dvdco I am also experincing this problem as well but I do however know why and it is simply this from what I have read it is that you have too much stuff hooked up to your tv. Now I know this may seem weird if you only have a few things hooked up to your tv but for some reason it still does that.

4. nate2005

nate2005 Regular member

however it has nothen to do with the sony avd the only advice that I know is experment with it unplug things here and there and see if that takes care of the problem also one other thing what brand tv are you using and how old is the tv?

5. DVDCO

DVDCO Member

Tv is HD Hitachi, been using Hitachi TVs for years. Only cables connected were the component and AC power . The retailer connected it at the store to LCD, PLASMA, PROJECTION, AND REGULAR CRT.
    It's a Sony issue on the AVD, Sadly their customer support and ability to communicate effectivley is lacking. Thanks for the input though.

6. jetyi83

jetyi83 Regular member

sony is bad.. ive seen this happen with tons of their equipment.

if you want a good dvd player just return the sony and go something else.

i could recommend something depending on how much you need. or how much you spent on the sony.

i have no idea what is going wrong though, the only thing i could think of was you were tryin progressive and you didnt hook it up right, but you said you tried both so i dont know