1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony kdl-40ex723 & Soundbar Audio problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by godonly, Dec 28, 2013.

1. godonly

godonly Member

Hello All,

Been searching the net with no joy for hours now! Have a Sony kdl-40ex723

Girlfriend bought me a bush 2.1 ch 100w sound bar for chrimbo!

Has aux in, TV left and right (the red and white sockets) and coaxial. Came with 3 leads:
    Rca 3.5mm
    Rca-rca
    Coaxial

I think that the coaxial option would be the best but I cannot seem to get it work with the TV using the coaxial option! Tried all the sockets on the back of the t.v with no joy!

Made sure in settings - sound -speakers audio system is chosen!

Beging to think I am missing something it my tv doesn't have the coaxial audio option!

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks

2. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

i have a similar tv mines an earlier model ex520 i think.i found best way for tv was run sound through an optical cable, tv will have an optical out and soundbar should have an optical in,you won't have to change the settings on your tv it will have both sound on tv and soundbar and mute the tv.

i did try hdreturn through a hdmi cable to my amp but sound kept cutting out.optical works fine.

also found my sony tv has crap quality speakers.

3. godonly

godonly Member

Thanks for your reply. There end lies the problem...my sound bar doesn't have optical.

Been doing some more research and there are such things as optical to coaxial converters as I have coaxial on my sound bar.

Would tealy just like to use coaxial straight from the sound bar to my tv, but I don't know I my tv accepts coaxial for audio, the writing next to the ports is almost impossible to read!