1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony or lg

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by n0un, Sep 16, 2006.

1. n0un

n0un Regular member

i recently purchased a sony bravia 32" lcd and after the store had a sale and put a 37 inch lg lcd on sale for the same price as the 32 inch its the 37 lc2d lg lcd which one would be better for xbox 360 becasue im going to be playing alot of that on it and also hooking up a dvd player, satellite receiver and another cable receiver which one would be the better tv, seeing as they are the exact same price?

2. theridges

theridges Guest

I would go with the LG it should have everything you need plus a couple for inches.....

3. n0un

n0un Regular member

yea that is true the sony was just nicer in my opinion and a bit thinnner

4. theridges

theridges Guest

sony one is probably nicer and im not saying its a bad buy but i would get the LG..

5. n0un

n0un Regular member

im mostly playing xbox 360 on it so which one would be better for that

6. rav009

rav009 Active member

Hey,

I would tell you to go for the Bravia...

I've bought 3 HDTV's this month, I was thinking of adding a LCD Bravia to the collection.

The Sony Bravia is a whole lot of TV, regardless of the fact that its slightly smaller, the TV itself is a much higher qaulity set, its on another level to the HD 37" LG.

Again, I highly reccomend you go for the bravia, I wouldn't touch another LCD, The Sony Bravia is the best LCD on the market IMO, for the cash its not bad either, keep it!

7. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

8. rav009

rav009 Active member

Hey there IHoe,

Thats a whole lot of TV, amazing, on the high end of HD too! :p

High price tag, but definatly worth it, check out my profile page > rav00)'s pictures for pix of my Samsung/LG & Pioneer HD plasma's (42") :)

9. n0un

n0un Regular member

well i went and exchanged it for thr 37 inch Lg the lg is not bad but i can tell that the sony was a better tv and im thinking about going to get the sony back now

10. rav009

rav009 Active member

Hey there,

Knew you'd regret it!

See this as a lesson... :-|

I doubt they'll allow you to get it back (exchange), unless the LG is faulty.

11. n0un

n0un Regular member

got the sony back and now im happy, sony seems like a much better quality tv

12. rav009

rav009 Active member

Hi,

They just gave you the Sony back??

Usually, unless its faulty, you can't return it, well atleast here anyways (UK).

13. n0un

n0un Regular member

yea here its diifferent i bought the sony to start with then took it back becasue the 37 inch lg was the same price didnt like that one so i took that back and got the sony back again. :)

14. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

in the USA you get away with everything!!!!!!!!!! LOL hahahahaha most store have a satisfaction guarantee and for any reason you can take something back and exchange for something that will satisfy the consumer (within reason)> Big ticket items, that a consumer has to live with, most stores that sell these items will give you a return for your satifaction...... now if I can only return that old clunker car to the dealer!!!!!! LOL hahahahahaha guess that's too large of a ticket item!