1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony PCV-RZ54G TV Tuner error

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by drmjt, Jun 22, 2007.

1. drmjt

drmjt Member

Hello! I recently reformatted my Sony Vaio Computer because I added a (primary) 300gb Hard-Drive. Everything works great except Windows Media Center Will not let me watch TV. ----BEFORE THE REFORMAT I HAD NO PROBLEMS.--- When I try to access the TV Settings option in Media Center it simple says "please ensure that a valid tv card is connected and the proper drivers are installed. I said ok.. and downloaded and installed the most up-to-date drivers for the card and mpeg encoder with no luck. I tried all the drivers Sony provides, new and old, but have same error. Windows sees the card and states a valid driver is installed and working. The Original Windows drivers also do not help the problem. Windows Media Center Edition is up to date and has all available updates. Media Center simple does not recognize that I have the card installed.... Sony support... sucks.. Does anyone have a solution to this problem??? Any Help would be great!

Specs: TV tuner card: BTF-PA401Z
    Mpeg encoder: Conexant CX234 16 - driver 1.1.3.12020 and 1.1.4.8050 (neither help)
    Sony Vaio PCV-RZ54G

2. smbnet

smbnet Member

Hi I was looking at your situation, and I just wanted to tell you that I am in the same boat as you. I didn't see a reponse to your problem so I just wanted to ask you if you found a resolution to your problem.

Thanks for your time

3. drmjt

drmjt Member

I haven't gotten any help yet.

I'll try to remember to let you know if I do.

4. smbnet

smbnet Member

ok Thanks

5. sonyblows

sonyblows Member

My sony's hard drive went out twice in the first two years, and after the second one, I couldn't get the tv tuner to work either. Best buy said it was sony's software and there problem, sony said best buy needed to fix it, either way this will be the last time I purchase a sony.