1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony playback problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by anniebird, Apr 29, 2005.

1. anniebird

anniebird Member

I helped my brother set up his DVD burner using Nero - we were able to succesfully burn several DVDs which would play back just fine on the computer and on my Panasonic DVD player. But - they will not play on his Sony DVD player - he just gets "error". I thought I had read somewhere on this forum that there was a problem with Sony DVD players wanting only Sony DVDs but of course now I can't find it.
    Does anyone have info on this? He's written and called Sony customer support but they are no help at all. Thanks.

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i know of people on here and my broter in law that there sony wont play dvdr discs! but alot of other makes can of the sony, i think its just some players...

but what i have seen is grab a no name el cheapo and it will play anything!

3. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

anniebird
    2 of my DVD players are Sony - they are newer models. No playback problems whatsoever. Even with cheap media that causes problems on my other DVD players. The one thing I like about them is they play multi formats (-/+R/RW). There was a time from what I've heard (how long ago, what products etc. I don't know) that Sony only liked their media or media from DVD+RW alliance which they are a part of being used. What media and format are you using?

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

My sony dvp ns325 will play anything I throw at it from my 5 burners,as well as a few of my friends burners.+r/+rw/and -r's.

My other apex player had a harder time,wouldn't play my khpermedia + format only,and the plus format from my last I/O magic 16x.Every stand alone is different,even burners all have variations between them causing stand alone players not to play them.

My benq's took care of that issue. Now that apex plays anything off of them.

If your burner is capable of dual format, try the opposite format.Also use some quality media.

No disc inserted errors are harder to fix. Could be as simple as your media,wrong format,or something major like you have a weak burner or weak sony player.

That player is telling you something is wrong.

What is the model name and # of that burner?

What is the brand name/speed/and format of your blank media? I think you say you are using the dash format if I am not mistaken.

Has that sony player ever played any dvd+r or dvd-r backups?

Some burners have the option for booktyping dvd + media to dvd-rom,making them more compatable. Your burner model will tell us.