1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SONY Q28A Bitsetting

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by pingieown, May 31, 2007.

1. pingieown

pingieown Member

Hello, in my pc i have a Sony Q28A Burner, and somepeople have told me that it does not support bitsetting, although i have looked on sites that it does support bitsetting, like Click here, this site say's that my burner supports bitsetting, how do i enlabe bitsetting?

thanks

2. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

I use Nero CD DVD Speed to enable bitsetting on my Sony DRU-820a. Mine is a rebadged BenQ. Yours seems to be a Lite On.

Anyway. If you don't already have Nero, you can still download the "Speed" utility from here:

http://www.cdspeed2000.com/

Look under the Extra tab. Should be fairly straight forward to figure out how to engage.

3. pingieown

pingieown Member

thanks, although when i open the the cd-dvd speed, i go to extra, and it comes up with dvd r and dvd rw, i can set them to what ever book type, but dvd r dl i cant, why is this, my burner is a dual layer burner

4. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

5. pingieown

pingieown Member

SONY DVD RW DW-Q28A - KYS3, KYS4 / KYR6
    (Known Firmwares: KYS1/KYS2/KYS3, KAS7)

thanks, which one do i download though

6. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

Which firmware is presently on your drive? It should tell you when you first open CD DVD Speed. The line where there is a pull down to select your drive (if you have more than one). It should id you drive letter, such as D: and name you drive model number followed by the current firmware.

Is it KYS3? I see that KYS4 is noted as New. If you have KYS3, I suspect KYS4 would be good. I tried looking at the Sony download site and it did not recognize your model number!?

I would NOT use any region free firmware. I have stuck with the series like what came on mine. ie. It came with 1.0a and I have worked through 1.0b followed by 1.0c on mine. So, I would recommend you follow the same logic in sequence for your model.

Also, I did see some people had problems updating to KYR6 firmware when searching for Sony firmware on your drive.