1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony RDR-GX3 problems

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by dezmaas, Dec 2, 2004.

1. dezmaas

dezmaas Member

I am new to DVD recorders. I have just bought the Sony RDR-GX3. I live in Holland but my Dutch is really bad and there's no English manual!

1st - I insert the 4x DVD+RW disk and I get the message 'Disc Error' 'Cannot play this disc'. I read elsewhere that this player will not play 4 x, so I'd need to get a 1-2x. Is this true?

2nd - Do I need to format the discs before they can record? I see a format option on the machine but nothing that actually does it, it just gives 3 formatting options.

3rd - When I did the auto tune, my Digital Satellite Receiver (SKY DIGITAL), connected via the scart lead, was on screen. I went through the other channels to check them and now I can't get back to SKY. I can't see an AV button on the remote.

Can help me with these problems? Thanks!

2. yankeered

yankeered Regular member

i have that dvdr also and it works great
    here try this link for your manual
    http://www.iq.sony.com/srvs/sosdocs/default.asp?src=sonysupport
    select operating instructions , i checked its the same as my manual and in english
    the only disk i use only because i get them cheap at sams club is verbatim dvd-r and it says up to 8x\
    never any problems , (1)for the dvd can't read problem i would first try a different brand, i believe this rdr-gx300 has a few problems with some of the "plus" media,
    i read that on some review somewhere, try a "minus" maybe.

(2)the machine formats as soon as you put it in automatically.

(3)there are different ways of connecting this machine
    on this prob you better read the manual

3. dezmaas

dezmaas Member

Thanks! - I tried a different set of disks and everything is now working fine! Nice machine!!