1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SONY STR-DE335 Receiver Protect Mode

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by mebritt, Oct 8, 2005.

1. mebritt

mebritt Member

I bought a Sony STR DE335 Receiver and after a few months it started gong into PROTECT mode after a few minutes of operation. Now it does not operate at all - it just flashes Protect. I read other threads but this issue was laid at the feet of the speakers, but I think the unit is defective. The PROTECT mode flashes even with no speakers attached. Please advise any ideas other than buying a new receiver.

Thanks

2. JVC

JVC Active member

Somewhere in your owner's manual, it should tell you how to reset the receiver, to factory settings. Try this.
    After resetting, you'll need to re-asign inputs and speaker distances, and individual speaker volumes, etc..................
    Good luck!

If this doesn't fix it, and it's still under warranty, you'd better hurry and take it in for repairs.

3. gear79

gear79 Guest

unless you have speaker impeadence wrong (negative on a positive or viceversa) or a bad speaker. unplug the receiver for a few minutes, then disconnect all speakers and reconnect one at a time and turn the volume up. if it clips or cuts off (protect mode) you found the culprit (speaker). if not, then the channel on the amp is shot. return the amp before warranty goes out.