1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Vaio and Samsung HD TV not compatible? TV won't swith to PC mode.

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by NINVIN21, Dec 31, 2008.

1. NINVIN21

NINVIN21 Regular member

Hello,
    I Got a Sony VAIO VGN-CS115J/R the other day and it will not connect to my Samsung LCD TV"S.

I hooked up my dell monitor to the laptop and it works fine.

I tried all settings that they are giving to me for external monitor.
    16 bit 32 bit 640x480 800x600 1024x768 1280x768. 60 & 75 hertz

Samsung LN-t4053H or samsung LN-S2652D will not switch to pc mode it is grayed out.
    How do I fix this??

Thank you for your time. I'm not new to computer's but I'am new to vista. They have to be incompatible I don't know what else it could be.

I'm looking for ANY kind of fix and I mean ANY kind of Fix, or I was hoping someone could confirm that They are not compatible.

Thank you very much
    Just paid $800 for this thing I'm Mad.

2. NINVIN21

NINVIN21 Regular member

I found a fix

I had to download and install Sony® VAIO® Event Service Update available at the Sony® PC Support Web site(www.esupport.sony.com).

3. vladanr

vladanr Member

Hi,

I have the same problem with my Sony Vaio VGN-TZ17GN and Samsung LCD TV.

Unfortunately, some time back I have removed Vista and installed XP on it which improved performance greatly. However now I seem to be unable to find the Event Service Update for XP for my model. I have found one for TX850P which is using the same graphics chip but my system refuses to install it since it is not for my model.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanx.

4. NINVIN21

NINVIN21 Regular member

I also just downgraded to XP home and can't find the drivers for the Event Service Update for MY x32 XP system.

ALso can't FInd a driver for my AVmode/capture buttons to work.

I can't wait for windows 7 I'm loving the beta

5. vladanr

vladanr Member

hi I was also searching for event service update but i don't think they have issued it for XP for all models. In the end i have given up since my Vaio works with all other monitors and tv-s except for these Samsung and LG that are not allowing you to select a display unless they detect a signal.

as for the AV mode I wasn't able to find the AV mode application for my model (mine is VGN-TZ17GN) but I found one on the sony's US web site for another model (file name is SOAOTH-12940100-US.EXE) and after installing it everything works perfectly. By pressing AV Mode button system boots and works just as it did out of the box. I don't know exactly which is your model and if it will work but you can try to search the site for something similar.

Regards,

Vladan

6. NINVIN21

NINVIN21 Regular member

Thanks for the info I just wanted to add:
    I did not test this but I read this on a website seems legit.

The harmony 550 universal remote, the remote lets you to go to any input on the TV. So set up an activity called "show presentation" and select the TV input PC. SO when you choose this activity it takes you right to the PC input, signal received or not.

Used my function + LCD switcher(F7) on the laptop and was able to by pass the problem.