1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Vaio Problem..think i posted in wrong area sorry

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by bigmac102, Jan 16, 2005.

1. bigmac102

bigmac102 Member

i have a SONY VAIO PCV-RS100 and my harddrive crashed and the bootcds i made didnt work with my new harddrive, does anyone have the original bootcds for this computer?..PLZ HELP

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

You can't get them from Sony?

3. bigmac102

bigmac102 Member

yes i can, but they charge me $40 but if someone out there has it, then i dont need to spend that much money

4. Divinus

Divinus Guest

$40 for boot cds!!! That's insanity. I figured a big-ass corporation like Sony would do that for free as a nice favor for their paying customers. Hell, I bought a visiontek xtacy Geforce 3 Ti 500 once and the fan went out. 3 years later even after they switched to ATI they still sent me a replacement fan for free.

Some companies fusking blow.

5. bigmac102

bigmac102 Member

ya i know i find that cheap, its not even our fault the cds dont work, when the computer told me to make a boot cd it said all i need is 1 cd then the guy at future shop said that i need at least 3..fricken sweet when ur comp doesnt tell u that at all if anyone can help it would be highly appreciated!