1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Vaio toshiba Dvd-r problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by medic007, Dec 22, 2004.

1. medic007

medic007 Member

Hi,

PLZ HELP

I have been battling this issue for so long please help.

I reinstalled windows xp on sony vaio desktop. I updated all drivers from sony.com but dvd burner worked only for couple of monts plus it kept messing up when we watched dvds.I am on service pack 2 now so it hink that is the major problem why it is not working.

Well ofcourse windows xp is showing that software is working. I tried all different burners none worked.

Sony Vaio desktop PSV-rs310
    Burner: Toshiba dvd-rom sd-r5002

As I said I downloaded latest firmware for win xp from snony support place. It seems that my burner reads the file that wants to burn but then it fails to burn it and just gets frozen.

Thanks so much............

2. medic007

medic007 Member

plz I need yhis today. If someone has ideas great it might help me counqer this obstacle.

3. ezrnow200

ezrnow200 Guest

Did you reinstall xp from your recovery wizzard or did you burn your own start up and recovery disks. Why did you take the xp that came with your pc off in the first place. Did you have a virus and decide to start over. Did
    Buy a new xp and do a complete install (was it xp home or xp office) not enough info

4. ezrnow200

ezrnow200 Guest

Did you by any chance mean toshiba sd-r 5112