1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Vaio vs IBM vs Dell vs...!

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by vincent85, Mar 11, 2005.

1. vincent85

vincent85 Guest

what do you think about Sony vaio notebook? how is it compair to the other (IBM,DELL,HP...)? will it be successful JUST like PS series? what is your favourite Notebook company?
    Please post it here, i need your opinion?
    -Vincent-

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

I love all Sony products...they are a fantastic company. I would take a Sony laptop over any other brand anyday

3. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

4. haymarket

haymarket Regular member

Sony is my favourite - don't like the look and feel of the IBM. Toshiba components are cheap and my past experience is that they run too hot. Dell are OK and cheap. Acer are good value for money. HP are good and cost a bit more.

5. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

Toshiba was good. They are taking shortcuts now. HP/Compaq left mouse button quits working after about a year. Not to mention how cheaply they are put togeather. Dell and gateway, no. price gets jacked for the name. They do not make computers. Other places do and then Dell and Gateway put thier name on it. Alienware Possible yes. I have not messed with one but from what Ive seen they have promise. Fijitsu YES. They are very sturdy and can take a beating. Thier screen also looks great. SONY no. They are a good company but for the price you loose a bunch of options. IBM no. Flemsy.

Go to a computer store and look at laptops. Very first thing to check is screen protection. Push on the screen from behind. If only light presure is needed to see that rainbow effect then move to the next one. If hard pressure is needed to see the rainbow then you can continue to look at that systems setup. Not only does this give you an idea on how good the screen is protected it also lets you know how well the rest of the system was put together. If they didn't care about the screen then why would they care about the workings of the system.

You will find that the easier it is to make that rainbow the cheaper the system. The harder it is it will cost more. So really you get what you pay for. If you go under a grand, unless you build yourself, I feel for you. Centrino will use the least battery power but is also a very slow chip. Celeron is faster than Centrino and that is sad. P-4 if your into buisness / school work only. AMD if you want games. Then the choice between ATI and Nvidia, select your prefrence. Try to get at least 512 megs in there. Most retail laptops only have 256Megs.

I just prefer sturdy cases. You pay that much for something you dont wat it to break because a cat jumped on it. My kids where standing on mine once. Lid down and on the lid. No damage was done except for thier bottoms. I have an older Toshiba. 3 Years old and still kicking. But now Toshiba is not sturdy anymore. Now put one of my kids ontop of the ones I said no to. I bet there would have been some broken screens. My next one looks like it may be a Fijitsu, first this one has to die.

Hope this helps. Good luck on your search.
    -Del