1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Vaio

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by oroszi, Dec 1, 2004.

1. oroszi

oroszi Guest

Hi have a sony vaio. I just installed XP, and it was working... badly. Because at one point it just turn off. I checked the hibernate options, power management options... everything cool. Then one day...when I turn it on it says that there's no operating system (!?). Amazing. Help!!! Thanks!!!

2. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

you can't reinstall or repair XP?

3. oroszi

oroszi Guest

I just canĀ“t do anything, except getting into BIO setup. It keep continuing displaying the message that no operating system is installed!? I did not unistall the OS, and It's the first time I ever heard about this. Please Help!!!

4. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Why don't you reformat and reinstall the OS.
    Did your notebook come with an OS or recovery cd's?

5. oroszi

oroszi Guest

Well I'll try to do it. I don't know how to... I never install os from zero. No, it does not have recover cds... Can you give me instructions on how to do it?
    Thank you!

6. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

who installed your operating system if you didn't?
    The new XP operating system with service pack 2 has a self boot disc just like windows 2000 but the dumb thing is, you have to call MS to re-activate the OS.

do you have the disc with the serial number still?

7. oroszi

oroszi Guest

I did. I updated it from Millenium to XP. That was an easy step... put in the cd... follow instructions... done. I do have a cd with serial, but I guess it's not original. Should I give up? Or do I have other options?

8. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

you might wanna by a legit copy of XP. or find yourself a boot disc like windows 2000 or windows 98 to reformat your HD and reinstall XP

any other options for -oroszi- please post them

Last edited: Dec 8, 2004