1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony walkman mp3 player doesn't let me add songs

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by sp91, Mar 30, 2009.

1. sp91

sp91 Member

Ok so I have this mp3 player that was working fine. I plugged it into the computer to charge the battery and add more songs and it says that there is no more room on it.( I had about 700 songs on it). I deleted 2 whole cd's from it and it still said that there wasn't enough room on it. I deleted all the songs on it and tried again but it still says that there is no more room on it. I have tried the reset button on it but it doesn't work. can anybody help me I would be ever so grateful. :)

2. Mez

Mez Active member

It does not sound like a space issue. It sounds like it may be dead since you said the reset button does not work. When you say that does the reset button work, does not help or does the reset button not work? If the button is working and just not helping you might have options. I would contact Sony. Your player is critical and only doing right steps might bring it back to life. Wrong steps will kill it forever for sure. Usually players don't come back from this level of problem. Usually the owners do the wrong thing which pushes them past the point of no return.

If your reset button does not work, I just bought a refurbished Sansa View 16 g for 60 some USDs at ecost. I added a 2 year warentee for $15. Normally refurbished means the user couldn't get it to work so it was returned. They throw out returns that don't work. Still, you are crazy not to protect your self for 7.50 per year.

Wall chargers and not changing tunes will probably extend the life of the player. They always die after a sync. The less you sync the less chance you have to kill your player. The less you play with the setting the better off you are. Playing with setting is the next most common way to kill your player. Set it up correctly when it is new and strong then do not fool with it.