1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony WEGA KD-34XBR970 HDTV

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by casemodd, Mar 24, 2007.

1. casemodd

casemodd Member

I'm thinking of buying this tv set with my income tax check does anyone own this set here & tell me how the set is. I have looked at the lcds but the blacks are grey,DLPs just dont like,plasmas they burn out,rear projection you got to buy bulbs and cannot been seen at an angle another turn off. I have been wanting a hdtv for quite sometime now since i bought a sonyhd camcorder i cant see the full hd quality with my standard tv set now plus i want to upgrade to blu-ray.

2. boutcrazy

boutcrazy Member

Hey Case...

We got this TV one week ago today. So far, I have no complaints. Picture is better than the old SDTV, even without HD feed - DirectTV won't be here till Tuesday to hook up the HD dish and receiver. I had to play with the settings a little to get the picture like I wanted, but from what I understand, that is to be expected. We chose CRT over LCD, plasma, etc., for two reasons: 1. According to all the research I did, the old CRT still gives better picture quality than the others, and 2. We weren't interested in a monster screen size - all we wanted was a great picture.

If you elect to bring it home from the store instead of having it delivered, better take a truck - box is huge. You will need help getting it into the house - this TV weighs 190lbs. You and another person should suffice - my grown son and I moved this one into place. Also, make sure your TV stand or entertainment center will support the weight.

Don't really have any cons about the set - am looking forward to seeing what HD looks like on it.

Good luck!

3. casemodd

casemodd Member

I saw the tv in the ad this morning April 08 Its on sale at circuitcity for 650.00 dollars I will buy it today cant get it any cheaper then that :)