1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sonys blu ray has been hacked

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by tabletpc, Oct 25, 2006.

1. emachine

emachine Guest

As the movies get bigger the net gets faster :) plus a 4 g movie is usally around 700mb but dling movies isn't my thing. The quality is way to bad. I just burn them.

2. BluRay

BluRay Regular member

You know they should be finding ways to make things smaller not bigger, why could they not invent something like a 3mb BluRay disc that holds forty movies with super quality?

EDIT; the 3mb thing was an example!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2006
  3. emachine

emachine Guest

Why? Making things bigger is straight sexy! Then you can laugh at your newb friends. Plus its just impossilbe. Unless you compress and it gets all nubish so you keep your floppys and ill rock my 500 g blu-rays.

4. BluRay

BluRay Regular member

gah! you missed the point; imagine this, in the future we got so advanced we found a way to have qaulity better than HD but only takes up a few MB of space, then imagine how much that 500G BluRay disc will hold (probably a million movies and a billion games ;)

Last edited: Nov 2, 2006
  5. emachine

emachine Guest

I mean yeah that sounds all cool and all, but I don't think its possible. I mean not any type of scale. Because people want better quality and the more quality the more space it takes up. So first I don't think you can make stuff smaller without taking quality away. So thats why we need huge disks. For ultra high res Jessica Simpson booty shakin'

6. BluRay

BluRay Regular member

hehe I understand ;)

7. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

8. emachine

emachine Guest

Thats insane dude!~@@!!!

9. BluRay

BluRay Regular member

Quore! blimey!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2006
  10. rav009

rav009 Active member

11. gogochar

gogochar Guest

12. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

You know, if you think about it things have gotten smaller. For example, at first we had CDs, then we had DVDs. When the mini DVD came out it held 1.4GB, the disc was smaller but if you think about it, they still held alot more than CDs and they were half the size. So I think in a way things are getting smaller because I'm sure when HD-DVD and Blu-Ray formats become more popular they will make a mini version of those formats too, and as just an estimate I would say they will hold around the same amount of data as a single (if not duel) layer DVD.

13. gogochar

gogochar Guest

One day, I'm sure they will be the size of a dime. That will be kinda scary, because then, they'd become a lot harder to keep up with. "Oh, watch out honey, we payed $500 for that thing, you don't want to lose it. We're going to watch that later on tonight, so you will get that high-def ultra clarity you've been wanting for a while."

14. Sniping_G

Sniping_G Regular member

HD-DVD has won the short term war but blu ray will kick its a** in the long term, in 2 years theres probably gunna be a 100gig disc but in 2 years all HD dvds did was double in space

15. emachine

emachine Guest

Why has it one the short term war.

16. Sniping_G

Sniping_G Regular member

because,its been realeased first and most movies became realeased on it but now blu ray movies started to come out,and the ps3 is comming out so more pll will buy it

17. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

HVD can basically do that. That's why I'm skipping the HD-DVD/Blu-Ray thing.

18. emachine

emachine Guest

Yeah but is going to have the quality of blu-ray or hd-dvd?

19. Sniping_G

Sniping_G Regular member

HVD sound cool and all but how much will it cost 50$ a disc i rather buy a external hdd,and what if u get a burn error there goes ur money

20. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

I don't think this battle between the 2 formats is going to help anybody, they both have their advantages but neither has any major disadvantages.

In the end it is the customers that lose out who chose the wrong format.
    I expect whichever becomes the easiest/cheapest format to pirate/backup will end up the winner of this one.

And as for it bieng cracked I think the method described in the article is not going to be very practical for most people and will require quite a long time to make a backup of a disc.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2006