1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sonys blu ray has been hacked

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by tabletpc, Oct 25, 2006.

1. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

hursty
    meh it almost makes a HD DVD you need more dvd9s and more glue to make a BR disc :p

2. hursty

hursty Active member

reckon 4 will do it? :)

3. gus738

gus738 Guest

altho the info is here , hd-dvd can hold up 3x as much more then dvd in size while blue ray can hold up 5 x more then dvd therefore blue ray haveing the most compacity in terms of size

so thats just in terms of size other then that its just personal prefrense , both offer same deal of options in terms of lifelike sound and amazing menu system.....

4. silver112

silver112 Regular member

thanks i understand now

5. gogochar

gogochar Guest

It's been told over and over again. If you don't know, just Wiki it.

6. rdxtreme

rdxtreme Regular member

uh.... which timeline of infinite crisis did that happen in

7. touran22

touran22 Regular member

360 gona launch bluray aswell?

8. gus738

gus738 Guest

lol hd-dvd paid ms so ms only does hd dvd

9. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

gus738
    yes and no

1.If HDVD fails MS could amke a BR add on
    2.If MS sees thats is cheaper to amke a BR add on to ahve games on BR they could.

But either way BR has to nearly win the format wars for it to happen.

10. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

From what my experience so far, none of the consumer really give crap about blu ray or hd dvd. Shoot most don't even know what it is. They just like to stick with dvds. But what i'm seeing is that the most Blu ray player that will be and is selling the most is PS3. Which is doing pretty bad. So microsoft actully did the right thing to have it ADD-ON. and looks like more people are enjoying hd dvd more than blu ray. HD DVD does have better quilty and it's cheaper, which what people wants! A lot of people who doesn't give crap about quilty and only caring about the storage is ignorant. Even with HD movies it doesn't go over 25gb with movie. (including extra crap). If you want storage for your computer or your files or something get a external hard drive. It's cheaper than getting blu ray burner and blank discs. If i'm wrong about this, I'll probley never judge or say anything about upcoming techology. But for HUGE wars i usully pick the right winner.

11. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

rihgt682
    its cheaper to get 100 blank DVDs or 50DVD9 and a DVD burner than it is to get a 400GB HD.......

Now as for as useing the new formats for storage...uummm..NO....thats a bad idea sicne they tend to make frist gen blanks not all that great,however BR dose seem to have the storage space going for it but thats about it sadly..in all this is almsot like a cross between + and _ and DVD9 and DVD5 ,of corse its going to take them 5 years and begin consumer unfriendly for the to "join" or beat the other senceless..or both....a DL HDVD can meet a BR disc rather easily so I don't see that effect gaming much.
    MS just needs to get on the ball and reqenize games on DVD 5 and 9 is almsot dead...

12. gus738

gus738 Guest

true on almost everyting except how can hd dvd be better then blue ray in terms of quality when the quality depends on the storage compacity why? simple really more space = more work to do around = less / or any conpression while hd dvd is only 3x more size compared to dvd blue ray is 5x more which gives both the gameing indistry to work with that space and the same with the high def .... as far as price goes well you get what you pay for good tech cost alot but sooner or later its yesterdays news and it will avg out to be afforable

13. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

gus738
    currently HDDVD is looking better becuse they are encodeing stuff better and the hardware is slightly better,go fig 0-o

BR is just doing alot of little misteps...

14. gus738

gus738 Guest

they only true way to determine is to have both pluged side by side same movie both players connected to same tv with the hdmi 1 hdmi 2 a/b sample ....

15. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

or read alot of stuff and try and find the truth in it all.

BR still have potential but it jsut got DL to worth 4 or so months back not had the best launch it seems HDVD has not missed a step in all tho HDVD is doing a bit better job and getting the tech out there BR i not far behind but it makes you wonder if BR will get it together.

but then its the begaining of the format war thier going to run neck and neck alot so far HDVD has them by a few inchs this should change next year.

I se a long vague war ahead for these 2 formats....in the end the cheapest will win I think.

16. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

You can get HD-DVD rom for your desktop at HP for $99!!!! I guess we already have winner.

17. DamonDash

DamonDash Guest

Im sorry but im calling BullSh*t on that i would like to now where you got that misleading info because i havn't even heard anything about the add-on...lol i thought it didnt launch because i have yet to see a review on it. i'll be back with the numbers because i dont have to look to know that there was more Sony(Blu-Ray)sales that that Add-on.How can you say that the quaity is better than Blu-Ray there bout just about the same it depend on you hookups HMDI or Com cables.

18. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

19. DamonDash

DamonDash Guest

Cmon you gave me two XBOX site...lol and the other a forum..I want a publish report..Other word someone with a creditable Name like ING,Gamepro Or Gamespot.

20. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member