1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sonys blu ray has been hacked

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by tabletpc, Oct 25, 2006.

1. inline

inline Member

It is great that people are developing discs with more memory,
    but I would like to see development in the loading speed.

Wich of the 2 (bluray/hddvd) I just prefer the fastest.
    But i don't know wich one that is.

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

3. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

inline
    DVD and HDVD are a bit faster than BR this kinda hurts the PS3 since tis what 1X?

still in all swapping discs or slightly lower load speed it about evens out 0-o

the more you look the more the real world devices(BR/HDVD/360/PS3) they are kinda the same,its still to early to dive into the new movie format,as for game systems get both :p

4. error5

error5 Regular member

This has no practical significance during movie playback. Movies that are encoded well still look great and sound great no matter what format it comes in.

Regarding PC drives the Pioneer BDR-101A BluRay Recorder reads and writes BD at 2x while the Toshiba SD-H903A HD-DVD recorder reads and writes HD-DVD at 1x.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2007
  5. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

I was talking abotu the BR on the PS3 for gaming,its pretty much a non issue for movies,even if you do allot of seeking and skipping around cache and other things will help smooth out any low speed issues.

Even if BR is slow for games the 360 has to swap large games so meh it all evens out.

6. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

Zippy, Bluray read/write speeds are exactly the same as HD-DVD. They both have 1x as 36mbps and 2x as 72mbps, BD movies require 48mbps transfer rate so PS3 HAS to have a 2x drive. DVD speeds are nowhere near that fast with 24x being the equivalent of 1x BD/HD-DVD, 53x DVD (which is never going to happen) has the same data transfer rate as 2x.

7. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

I can find more but basically the PS3 currently cant really handle data at a faster rate than the 360,of coarse theres allot of code,compression and other things at play as well,this is something that can be fixed(should clear up around the 3rd or 4th ave of new games),got any links post them I love reading abotu the ins and outs of the systems ^^

Last edited: Mar 15, 2007
  8. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

With all the extra space Blu-ray provides all the data can comfortably fit in the middle of the disc making it not hard for the PS3 to load, keeping up a solid, fast speed. As a result of Oblivion using redundant data only possible with BD (because of extra space) it loads about 7 seconds faster and has an increased draw distance, smoother textures higher rez etc. Some of which can be due to the extra time in coding but not all.

9. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

Andrew691
    other games that require bust of speeds to do seeking for redundant data are going to be fun to code for the PS3,just saying the PS3 has its issues its far from prefect,but theres allot they can do to effect it,in any case if they took the time and made OB multi disc it could look the same as the PS3 and load just as good coding can improve things greatly.

I want to see more ps3/360 games and see what they do with them use the nuances of each system.