1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sorry, this might be facile.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by laburnum, Sep 15, 2004.

1. laburnum

laburnum Member

Hello, let me thank whomever answers in advance; this question may already be answered or incredibly rudimentary, or both.

I have a NEC 6100A rewriting DVD drive; it came with my DELL. It writes to DVD+R but not DVD-R. Anyway of changing format, either through software or otherwise?

2. laburnum

laburnum Member

Let me apologize also for the subject name of this thread. In my haste to click "post" I didn't read fully the rules. I have now, of course. I have searched for this topic before posting though, perhaps the technical terms I was using were completely wrong.

3. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

laburnum,
    Welcome. The only way to change the format is to either get a new Dual burning format burner or use hacked firmware if it exists. I do not recommend you hack the drive even if it is available as if done incorrectly the burner could be toast and it will void your warranty w/ Dell. See if Dell would swap the burner for a Dual format ( I doubt they will ) or just buy on and install it yourself