1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sound and picture plz help!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dil142002, Nov 15, 2004.

1. dil142002

dil142002 Guest

hey i just burned a avi film to dvd and when i play it the sound comes first then the picture moves. I used nero to burn the avi file to dvd

what should i do?

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

What program did you use to convert the files before you burned and what media are you using?

3. dil142002

dil142002 Guest

i used winavi to convert my avi film to dvd

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I have never used that program but since you have Nero try NVE(NeroVisionExpress). NVE will convert the files(much faster), let you set chapters, create a custom menu, and then burn to DVD disc. Or, if you like, just burn to disc directly after converting the files.

Do the files play on your PC OK before converting?

Again, what media are you using, this is very important!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2004
  5. dil142002

dil142002 Guest

hey they play perfectley on pc

what you mean by media

6. bigorange

bigorange Active member

What are you burning to? What brand of blank disc?

7. dil142002

dil142002 Guest

DATASAFE DVD-RW 2X

8. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Datasafe is a ritek brand, but I prefer the G05 or G04 or the Ridata 4x

What media are you using is EXTREMELY important!!! I can't stress this enough, it's the difference between a successful burn or a coaster. It's not just a quality issue.

Bad media causes jumping, skipping, out of sync audio problems, the disc not playing at all, etc. etc. etc.

Try Ritek G04 or G05 -R or Ritek Ridata 4x +R. Make sure they are BRANDED and never burn over 4x. here's a good place to get them for under .50 each w/free shipping, they are an excellent company with a very good return policy:

http://store.yahoo.com/meritline/ritek-g04-dvd-r-dvde-blank-media-disc-discs.html

Even if this doesn't solve the problem, you eliminate this as a possibility in this and any future problems you might have.

I would also give NVE a shot, it does everything you need in one app and is easy to use. If you need it, I have a simple NVE guide I wrote I can give you :>)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2004
  9. dil142002

dil142002 Guest

this might be the problem

i just checked the converted file and it is not the sam as the normal one. what should i do?

10. bigorange

bigorange Active member

i just checked the converted file and it is not the sam as the normal one.

I have no idea what you mean? What normal what? Of course the files are going to be different after conversion, do you mean they don't play the same or what? Normal to what, what's normal?

11. dil142002

dil142002 Guest

the quality of the file has decreased after conversion it has gone all jumpy and isnt smooth

12. bigorange

bigorange Active member

OK, another reason to try it with NVE, it does a very good job with what you are trying to do :>)

13. dil142002

dil142002 Guest

hey lauched nve and clicked on make cd and other formats it said that you have to purchase something so the dvd file can work, i have already purchased nero 6 what

14. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Actually you want to click on DVD instead of CD.

Have you downloaded and installed all your update packs 1-6? Do NOT load pack #3, InCD, it's packet writing software and it can cause conflict with dvd software.

Also, you must download and install the DVD plug-in. It's free for people who have bought Nero Ultra 6.

What is your version of nero, the newest version is 6.6, if you don't have it go and load and install the update packs mentioned above.