1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound Card Problem.

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by serranoX3, Jul 15, 2005.

1. serranoX3

serranoX3 Regular member

Ok I was having trouble with my sound card. I wasnt hearing anything and I wasnt getting sounds at all. No music and absolutely no anything. So I decited to go to Device Manager and reinstall it. So I clicked uninstall and a message came up saying something. I dont know what But by accident I pushed enter and the little window dissapiered. But then when I tried to install it back again. It showed me an error that looks like this

[​IMG]

So I was a little worried. And when I went back to Device Manager it showed me an exclamation mark like this

[​IMG]

Plz help out ppl. I dont get any sounds at all from my speakers. Windows Media Player doesnt want to play any song. And I dont know what to do. PLz help. Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2005
  2. serranoX3

serranoX3 Regular member

3. serranoX3

serranoX3 Regular member

4. serranoX3

serranoX3 Regular member

5. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

don't bump this again, serrano. you'll get in some mega-trouble, bud. when someone who can help will come along, they will respond. but until then, you are seriously hurting yourself. as urgent as this may be, all your solutions come in the free time of those who are trying to help.

6. serranoX3

serranoX3 Regular member

7. serranoX3

serranoX3 Regular member

But I need a lot of help. If I restart windows. (Reinstall). All the files im missing(hardware files) appear again. If so plz post.

8. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

you'll get your basic, functional OS back, yes. but you'll lose all your programs and anything you don't have on disc that came with your eMachines compie and isn't included with the basic Windows OS. fixing this little problem should be a lot better solution than a total re-installation of windows. i suggest getting our buddy ddp on this thread via PM.

9. serranoX3

serranoX3 Regular member

I dont mind if I have to loose all my programs. I need to clean the C: drive also.

10. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

and the system restore offered at your boot screen did nothing for your problem?

11. serranoX3

serranoX3 Regular member

Nope, the same error at the very top.

12. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

hmm..well, this is about the extent of my knowledge, as i know a little about a lot but not much more unless i can sit at the actual pc and screw around a bit. we need someone like ddp or creaky here...they be's a grand lot smarter than i :p

13. serranoX3

serranoX3 Regular member

Well I guess. My last questios is: Is there a way I can reinstall my pc to like the day I bought it? I would like to start all over again. No programs at all.

14. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

in that case, you would need a copy of your OS, either on burned on disc or bought. it would reformat the hard drive (everything erased) and reinstall the operating system.

15. serranoX3

serranoX3 Regular member

OK well do I need to go out or buy something. Or can I burn my OS to a disc and pop it in.

16. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

to be legal, you should go out and buy it. but you could download the proper set-up/install files and burn them. or you could borrow the disc from a friend and use that, or just copy that. but that's illegal, so dont' do it *wink*.

unfortunately, you can just create teh file from what's on your computer, burn them, and install them. even if you could, it's your current OS that's having the problems...you'd just be laying them on again.

17. serranoX3

serranoX3 Regular member

Could you just do me a favor, go to device manager>right click on multimedia Audio Controller>properties>driver tab>driver details>and check how many files you have. PLZ

18. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

my system isn't set up that way, but from doing something close to that, just get to an audio driver. there's no list of drivers or whatever, but then again, i'm working on a customized HP system with a different sound card than your eMachines setup. i can't get into the little detailed files, i just have one category, audio drivers, right there.

but again, i'm not really the guy to be helping you with this...this goes beyond my limited knowledge. stroll around AD and look from PC Gods to PM a link to.

19. serranoX3

serranoX3 Regular member

Ok. So thats the only way to reinstall windows. Go to general chat in Modchipzone and look for my question in general chat and some1 said there is no need for the disc.

20. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

he's saying to do a system restore. i told you ways to do two different kinds (in a pm, i believe) and you said neither worked for you. to reformat and reinstall your OS, you need a copy of it on a disc. to set you computer back to seem the way it did the day you bought it, you restore.

with the simple restore in windows, you don't lose and files or programs, but your system settings are reset to their default state or the state they were in at the point you restore to.

with the "mega-restore" on your boot screen, you can either lose most (or all, i think) files on your computer and it's basically like reinstalling windows, or you can choose the second option and lose few (i still lost many) of your files and programs but get much of your standard windows settings/files back.