1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sound card

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by erich4636, May 25, 2007.

1. erich4636

erich4636 Guest

my computer for some reason has no sound... i reformated my computer about 2 weeks ago and have not had sound since... i opened my computer to see what kind of sound card i have so i could download the drivers for it but it seems like its connected straight into the motherboard and there is no way to tell what it is... anybody have any ideas on how to get sound on my computer... oh and i brought in speakers to and it still doesnt work...

2. flyingv

flyingv Guest

Your computer has what they call an intergrated sound card. This is commonplace nowadays. Was the sound gone before you formatted? It sounds like it has gone bad on the motherboard. The best bet you probally have is to go and purchace a soundcard for your computer assuming you have a PCI slot to plug one into. It only takes a few minutes to do and only cost about $25-$30 bucks for a basic 24 bit one.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2007
  3. elokito

elokito Regular member

flyingv dude seriously dnt post if u dnt know whats going on

what happened is that u formatted and u have to dl the drivers to find out tell us the brand/model of the pc

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

elokito, 2nd that

erich4636, what is the make & model# of the computer or motherboard? windows doesn't always load drivers for devices & that includes doing the updates from ms, been there & done that.