1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound from PC to Stereo System

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by Grimstar, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Grimstar

Grimstar Member

I'm on a roll today, second post ever :p

Anyways, I saw a thread that was similar to this but he said nevermind and the question wasn't answered, and I'm bad at relating things to my own stereo so I'm going to ask...

Right now I currently have in the corner of my room a DVD Player (through RF Modulator), 5 Disc CD Changer, Radio, Equalizer, and an Amplifier hooked up to a few speakers around my room (4). For a while I've been wanting to get that little system hooked up to my computer, and now that my speakers seem to be having some problems I figured it was time to ask about it.

What I basically would like to do is get the computer sound to come out through the larger speakers throughout my room. I do not care if this involves disconnecting something else that I have mentioned as they are pretty much less important than this to me. Take into mind they are all separate components and in the case of the amplifier...slightly old :).

If this helps at all the Amp is an AKAI AM-2600.

Also if someone does respond to help, any sort of estimate on how much it might cost would be appreciated also.

Thanks in advance.

2. bajtra

bajtra Member

You can get a mini stereo jack to rca adapter and plug into your pc. Then you can run the rca cable to the aux or other input on your amp. If you don't have more inputs replace the cd changer because you can play your discs on your computer and even rip them all to your pc for a cd jukebox.

3. Grimstar

Grimstar Member

Thanks, looks like I'll be heading to RadioShack. I'll let you know how it turns out :)