1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sound is too low - second pass Virtual Dub

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by jazzman, Oct 4, 2002.

1. jazzman

jazzman Member

Hi again,

The sound qualitiy of the final video is bad: First of all the sound is quite low. Is there any possibility to get it louder in the final movie?

Thanx for helping me out.

2. HaroldW

HaroldW Guest

First off you mention sound quality is bad. Ideally the audio data rate of the original should match the audio data rate of the final product (ie; 44khz capture, then your final product should have 44khz audio.) If this does not match up you could get some degradation of the audio in the conversion process. If you are capturing yourself, it could be a hardware problem; capture card, sound card or cables.

By sound is too low, I am assuming you mean the volume is too low. Provided you are doing the capture, yourself you could:

1. Increase the record volume, on the line-in.

2. If your capture setup has an external audio jumper from the capture card to the sound card you could move the jumper to a different jack on the sound card (My sound card has; line in, microphone in and I believe auxilary in. When I plug my capture card into the microphone in the sound comes through at a much lesser volume than the line in.)