1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound Issue

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by evilherms, Dec 14, 2004.

1. evilherms

evilherms Member

Hey, Im a newbie to burning dvd's and i know the basic basic on how to burn a dvd. Ok, so this is what happened...

I downloaded 10 rmvb files to burn onto a single dvd. I converted the rmvb files using Winavi to Mpeg-1, with 25 fps, 352x240, 4:3 ratio, and NTSC. Also the quality is set to medium

After i converted these files, i set up the layout using TMPGEnc DVD Author, and burned it using Nero.

It worked great on a dvd player, but then some files' sound got issues. Like the sound does not match the video, and in one chapter the sound appeared like 5 seconds before it should appear in the video

Can anybody help me?

2. evilherms

evilherms Member

anybody?

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Why go threw all those steps? You evidently have Nero so just try using NVE Nero Vision Express. I'm sure you will find this produces excellent quality. :)

[​IMG]

4. baabaa

baabaa Active member

I am not 100% sure but, I believe if you want NTSC, then it needs to be encoded at 29fps (or thereabouts).
    25fps is for the PAL format.
    This would explain the 5 seconds issue...............

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

This is true 29.97 fps to be exact! Sorry I didnt catch that earlier. If you adjust your frame rate this should solve your problems. :)

[​IMG]

6. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Thats it, 29.97fps........knew there was a decimal point in there somewhere......LOL

(baabaa, makes a little note....29.97fps and thanks bbmayo)

7. evilherms

evilherms Member

hmmm this is really strange...

as i ahve told u guys, i converted 10 rmvb files, all of which are done in ntsc, 352x240, 25fps

all of the files were good except for number 5,6 and 10. so i posted this in the forum...

I deleted all teh converted files, because i acknowledge the fact that i used 25fps instead of 29fps,which si the correct framerate for ntsc

now, number 5,6 and 10 are perfect, but the rest the sound does not match...this is really really weird...

i use winavi to convert my rmvb files into mpeg1 files, when i try to use empgenc to convert the converetd file is absolutely NO SOUND. Can anyobdy answer y? perhaps theres a better converting program?