1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sound missing using nerovision express 2

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ACeZ, Dec 10, 2004.

1. JAMnole

JAMnole Member

Thanks a lot - I see your point about my previous explanation. When I download these files and play them just as AVI files from my hard drive, the sound is there. If I burn them anywhere - to media or back to the hard drive, the sound vanishes.

I'll look into your suggestions, thanks. Looks like your Vols and my 'Noles both had good recruiting classes.

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Yep, The problem is we always have a good recruiting class usually in the top 5, but always in the top 10 in the nation(for the last 10 years or so anyway). But then some leave because they won't start and they know they can elsewhere, and always some sustain injuries knocking them out for the year(in fact we lost the top two high school QB's in the nation last year in 2 weeks due to injuries). Then they come back, play a year, then they go to the pros early. LOL, it happens every year. We haven't won a national title since '98. Oh well, as the saying goes, wait til next year ;>)

3. plavika

plavika Member

hey people, i got the exact same issue with nero vision express 3. it's kinda wierd, because it's been burned perfectly, great picture, no skipping, no freezing, but no sound whatsoever.
    i've been let nerovision to do the converting and burning as well. (the *.avi was perfect too) anyway, i couldn't find any solution to my problem, and what you guys are saying here isn't too reliable either, as it sound like.
    How is the medium could make my sound disappear? i just don't get it, because i've been burning dvd-s on this memorex dvd-r , and i never had problem with it. in fact i've burn about 35 dvd movies on this medium flawless.(i used diffrent software and method to do that so)
    so, i belive the problem somewhere between the converting and recording phase. what it could be?

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

what you guys are saying here isn't too reliable either, as it sound like.

i just don't get it, because i've been burning dvd-s on this memorex dvd-r , and i never had problem with it. in fact i've burn about 35 dvd movies on this medium flawless.(i used diffrent software and method to do that so)

plavika,

No.1-I didn't say media was his problem. I thought that could be the problem when he said the files played on his PC but not after he burned. That would obviously mean media could be at fault. Since he explained the files had no sound before he burned then I ruled out media being a problem.

no.2-That still doesn't change the fact that probably 95% of this and evey other forum I'm a member of will tell you that Memorex is one of the most unreliable media out there, anything made by CMC, is inconsistant. Just because you haven't had problems doesn't mean you won't. Also, let me know how they play in a year or even two from now.

Since our info is so unreliable why on earth would you even ask for our help? Since you are going to do what you're going to do despite what you've read and heard , it would just be a waste of mine and your time to try to assist.

If you think it's easy trying to help someone hundreds or even thousands of miles away by email, and there is a thousand things that could be wrong, including; software, PC hardware, setup, not to mention the biggest culprit of all, operator error, maybe you outta give a whirl for 6 months or so and then see what you think.

5. plavika

plavika Member

don't get me wrong here, i wasn't beign a prick. i'm just sceptic thats all.
    but anyway, i'm using memorex cd-r and dvd-r mediums for 2.5 years and i had like 500 cd-r and 35 dvd-r burned on them along this time. maybe i got lucky, so far anyways, but i had no issue with missing data. i think as long as you keep your cd's protected againts dust and scratching the data cannot go missing as far as i concern. but i'm not a competent person in this subject just a simple user who's telling his experience.
    okay, let's back to the nerovision express.
    someone said if i'm clear up my registry from all roxio products, and re-install my nero it might be solving my problems.
    how to do that i ask. just go regedit and delete everything what is under Roxio in the registry? i thought the xp cd-r drivers were written by roxio, if i remove them it's will not causing any other problems?

6. bigorange

bigorange Active member

If you had read the entire thread you would have seen I am the one who recommends to remove Roxio and then all remnants in the registry using Roxio zapper tool.

Again you are restating you're a sceptic so I don't understand why you need our help or would even heed the above info..

7. mattyx79

mattyx79 Member

I am having the same audio problems with Nervision Express. The problem for me is that Nerovision Express will not detect the audio for the avi files before I even start the transcoding/burning process. I will start Nerovision Express, add files, then right click and edit file, then push play, no audio... So I think the problem is Nerovision having trouble detecting the audio for certain avi files, I am new at this so any help would be greatly appreciated.