1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound on PC speakers and TV?

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by MrSumOne, Apr 16, 2011.

1. MrSumOne

MrSumOne Member

Hi,

I'm building a new computer, and I've always ignored the sound and focused on the graphics. I currently have a very long aux cable running from my HD TV to my PC, and a seperate screen with some USB speakers next to it. When I want to hear sound just on the USB speakers I have to plug in the speakers, and the TV sound goes out, if I want to hear from the TV I have to unplug the speakers. I am getting a graphics card with HDMI on it, so I'm hoping I can do something with that, but I'm looking to get the sound on both the TV and the PC speakers. Does anyone know how I can do this?

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. MrSumOne

MrSumOne Member

If I just use an aux splitter and disable the HDMI sound, have both the speakers and the tv aux plugged into the splitter, would that work?

4. attar

attar Senior member

Sounds ok.

5. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

If you want sound out of both at the sametime the link is of no use,however if you want to switch then switch back again this is ideal especialy now that your getting serious about sound which should've been your first priorty :p,all you need now is dump those usb speakers & forget about tv speakers *goddam tv speakers are painful to my ears..lol..* & use a house stereo for both tv & computer,downside is when watching a movie you may get up to answer a knock at the door & there's no one there,it was the movie..lmao..ok it wasn't really a knock at the door,it was a knocking sound comming from the front of the house which just happens to be the front of the lounge,tv is placed on a sidewall,i kid you not the left rear speaker is at a height level with ones head i got up to see who was knocking & yep not a bloody soul in sight,wasnt till two days later watching another movie i realised where that sound came from,i think a picture of that rabit with a pancake on it's head is appropriate right about now

http://www.google.co.nz/search?clie...rceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&channel=suggest

6. MrSumOne

MrSumOne Member

Well, I don't mind if the sound comes from both the TV and the computer speakers. I'm going to buy normal computer speakers to replace the USB ones, but sometimes I'm on the computer listening to something, and someone is watching the cable, and listening to that at the same time. It's only when we flip the TV to the PC that the PC's sound is heard. Would a splitter work to get it coming from the computer speakers and the TV at the same time? A huge set costs so much, I can't bring myself to spend that much on something I don't notice as much as a good picture.

7. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Check you need new speakers there maybe an adaptor that converts usb to jack input,after all speakers only have two wires - & + and at a guess that's all the usb will be using.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  8. MrSumOne

MrSumOne Member

No, I'm not going to be using the USB anymore...

9. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

lol...i meant the cable from the speakers & use a converter so you can plug them in to the sound card instead