1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound out of sync after transfer

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by swog, Feb 5, 2011.

1. swog

swog Member

I have a dated but still useful Panasonic MiniDV Camcorder that I only use at Holiday times so have had no need to update it. But having spent Christmas in a once in a lifetime Holiday in the Caribbean I cam back with lots of the mini cassettes, discovering a lead that fitted the recorder and a USB2 that went into my Laptop I loaded Win Movie maker and captured the first couple with ease.
    Surprised how well it had gone I started on the editing ....... I thought things had gone too easy - by the time I'd watch 30mins of the capture it was evident the sound was getting more out of sync with the picture. On watching the recordings back on the NV-GS27's 2.5" screen all was perfect, I've attempted capturing the video again with different settings but always with the same problem.

Could anyone offer an answer to what is at fault - myself no doubt - and how I could correct it, thanks for your interest.

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. swog

swog Member

Thanks for your help, I've read those and many more, trying Capturing with different software and with lots of programs turned off to save CPU use Though it is a Centrino 2 duo core processor. In the links I read people were resolving their problems with 600Mhz processors back in 2004 so I'm a bit frustrated having no success with my 2008 Laptop.
    What I did try was 'Virtualdub' and though still unsuccessful it gave me the chance to copy a readout of what was happening - showing how many frames had been dropped iduring two time capture periods. I hope you may be more familiar at what these readings show and may be able to narrow the problem down more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. attar

attar Senior member