1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sound & picture disappearing on some DVDs

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by nulle, Mar 8, 2005.

1. nulle

nulle Member

couldnt find similar problem here on forums, but i hope somebody knows what could be the cause.

DVD player is Philips DVP 630-632.
    it works okay with dvds that i have, but today we took two dvds from rental. in general they work, but sound or picture (not obligatory at same time) is disappearing every few seconds for few seconds. and when picture is there, the brightness changes too :)needless to say, that makes watching impossible.

i thought it might be scratched dvd. on computer it worked perfectly though, so had idea to just make a copy of it. on computer the copy worked just fine.
    but, alas, it had the same sound and pic problem on stand-alone dvd player :((

i cant imagine what exactly could be faulty. the player? or some dvds are just in some wierd format?

thanks for any idea or advice.

2. nulle

nulle Member

Okay problem solved :) if connect player directly to the TV, all works. seems the problem was in the VCR, through which it was connected before. Just no clue why it made problems only with [bold]some[/bold] DVDs..