1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound Problem After Transferring To DVD

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by AaronsDad, Jun 30, 2013.

1. AaronsDad

AaronsDad Member

Hey everyone! I'm in the process of transferring old video tapes that I have over to dvd using my dvd recorder. I have noticed on some of the transfers that after I am done and I go to listen to them quickly that there is sound only coming out of one speaker. I realized this problem a few years back. So, I went to Radio Shack and bought this plugin that goes into the back of the vcr. That has the video and two audio outputs. Everything is connected as it should be. Some of the tapes I am transferring I am assuming only has audio on one channel. Is there a program out there I can get that will let me edit the dvd and add audio to the other channel( speaker)?

2. attar

attar Senior member

Have you verified that there is only a single audio channel.
    Open one of the VOB files in MediaInfo and see what it says.
    This example shows 2 channels.

[​IMG]

Assuming that yours in a single channel, you would demux the audio and video using PgcEdit.
    Open the audio in Audacity and clone the single channel and output stereo, then mux the video and new audio back together using MuxMan.

Run Audacity and click Edit > Preferences > Libraries and download the required libraries.
    Load or drag in the audio.
    http://chacadwa.com/foh/mono-to-stereo-in-audacity