1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound problem...

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by indienemo, Dec 9, 2004.

1. indienemo

indienemo Guest

Im experiencing some problems with sound on my PC, it 'lags' on sound, even on windows sounds. Like when i log in and it plays the sound it really lags it out. When i play music it lags and drags along. Its not my speakers because it does it through headphones as well (although not as much) and its not windows media player because it does it in winamp as well. I was thinking it might be my sound card but its only about a month old realtek 7.1 hig definition on board. This problem only started after me and my mates got drunk and installed the mic, then yelled into it... :D

2. ianski7

ianski7 Guest

Hey

Uninstall the mic and it's drivers and see if the sound improves.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2004
  3. indienemo

indienemo Guest

The mic didnt have drivers it was plug and play...however since then i have unplugged it and have muted the mic slider in the sound control panel...

4. ianski7

ianski7 Guest

Hey

Do you still have the problem after rebooting?

5. indienemo

indienemo Guest

yeah same problem, however i did improve it a little bit by setting winamps priority level to 'realtime' but after a bit it lagged, then when i opened up internet explorer it lagged worse than ever....