1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound Problem

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Waymon3X6, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

Hello all, I am having yet another problem with my Creative X-Fi Extreme Music sound card. I just uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, programs etc that came on the cd, and all is fine, untill I reboot the computer. After I reboot the computer, all the programs load up (volume pannel) but there is no sound. I click on volume panel and it says, "there are no supported audio device available. You need to close the application. Click Ok to close it now." Also, when I open up itunes, I get a similar message that says, "iTunes has detected an error with your audio configuration. Audio/video may not work properly."

I am so confused on what to do and this is really pissing me off!!!!!

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Tried various versions of the drivers? (Creative are very poor for sound card support, they remove all the custom applications such as graphic equaliser, speaker settings, and mixer from the internet drivers). I typically find this happens with my USB sound card if it's ever unplugged, two or three restarts and I'm usually ok.