1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sound problems

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by jedster, Mar 9, 2005.

1. jedster

jedster Guest

hey people,
    i have a little problem, i have dl a movie, converted to etc, etc, have burned it to dvd disc and the sound and movie are running a different times, the sould is a head of movie, it is the same on the original dl avi, how do i match the two up so that they run at they same time? the error message from virtual dubmod reads as follows" virtual dub has detected an improper VBR audio encoding in the source AVI file (audio stream 1)
    The current preference is to rewrite the audio header with standard CBR values during proccessing for better compatability, this may introduce up to 42234ms of skew from the video stream. If this is unacceptable, decompress the*entire* audio stream to an uncompressed wav file and recompress with a constant bitrate encoder".(bitrate 126.8 28.1 kbps)
    i guess this is the problem? can someone explain what this means and how do i fix this very frustrating problem

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

GEt virtualdubmod.
    Open the avi. Click YES to rewrite the header.
    Select Streams, stream list.
    RIGHT click on the audio stream, select Full Processing.
    Click File, save .wav
    Use that extracted .wav in your encoder as the audio, along with the original avi video.
    Encode it.

3. wazeeri

wazeeri Member

hi sorry i didn't quite get that can u plz help me?
    i hav the same prob the video is ahead of the sound

4. wazeeri

wazeeri Member

is there any software that can sort that out, if there is can u tell me the name of it plz

5. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member