1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound problems

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by ozzie1003, May 14, 2008.

1. ozzie1003

ozzie1003 Member

Hi all, I'm new to to the blueray scene. Im having about a 50% bad dvd rate. Half the time I have no sound, and Im not having much luck getting the green bar off the bottom of the screne. Im changing if needed, the audio to 4.1, and using the mt2s option instead of blue ray. I thought I read to do this if the movie had an oddball resolution. i.e. 1280x588. I even tried selecting the blue ray option after using mt2s, selecting those new files and that didnt work. What the heck am I doing wrong. Thanks in advance

2. ozzie1003

ozzie1003 Member

Can someone please tell me why I have no audio when I use TSMuxer. Im checking the box and changing it to 4.1 audio.

3. hookem34

hookem34 Member

be a lil more specific...are you streaming it to your tv, ps3 or are you putting files on disc and watching them that way?

4. ozzie1003

ozzie1003 Member

I'm burning them to a dvd dual layer disk and playing them on my PS3. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. Video is always perfect.

5. hookem34

hookem34 Member

have you tried going to the SET AUDIO OUTPUT option in your ps3 settings...enable dts 5.1...that did it for me

6. ozzie1003

ozzie1003 Member

Let me try that.
    Thanks for trying to help, haven't had much success with anyone trying to help a newb out.

7. ozzie1003

ozzie1003 Member

That's not the problem everything in my options for sound has a check in the box. Any other suggestions

8. hookem34

hookem34 Member

are the .m2ts files working ok on your comp...does sound and video show up...if they don't then it may be a problem with the codec you're using...what codec do you have

9. ozzie1003

ozzie1003 Member

Im watching it on my computer with vlc player, the video is perfect but no sound. The audio tab says no audio.

10. hookem34

hookem34 Member

yea it sounds like ur havin codec problems...usually the rule of thumb is that if you can't hear or see it on you computer then it's gonna be the same on the ps3...your computer just doesn't have the codecs supported to put them on the disc, hence no sound (if that makes sense, lol)...luckily this can be fixed...you're gonna wanna get something called the K-LITE CODEC PACK...this is VERY VERY important...make sure you get the MEGA or FULL pack, the mega or full pack will automatically search your computer for codecs you already have and prompt you to uninstall them--DO IT... you don't need the other one's cuz k-lite supports EVERYTHING, lol...just google K-Lite and install, if after you install and you get sound on your computer, you'll know you're good to go.

11. ozzie1003

ozzie1003 Member

Im not trying to solve the no sound issue on the computer but on the dvd-r im trying to watch on my PS3. I was just checking vlc player to see if it had sound before I burned it. I was tired of wasting disks. I just tried another one i downloaded and same thing, audio tab says empty, on vlc, picture is fine no sound. Do I need to run the file through another program before or after the making of the blue ray step?