1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sound probs

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by pulley, Nov 18, 2003.

1. pulley

pulley Member

hi,
    check most of the forum but could not find what to do. right got a film split it copied it but no sound run it through dub found out it was a vbr not a cbr file being a noob i don't know what that is but i followed the info and copied it as a wave done the first part sound works fine, but the second part the sound is like 30 seconds out of sync, what can i do to make it right. i have done nothing to the sound file other then turned it into a wave file.

thankyou for your time

2. Manngo

Manngo Member

Details?
    source is avi? what codec? Which program U use? Wants to convert this file to Mpeg2? Problem is with the Mpeg2 file? What do U use to encode?

P.S. Please use these caracters: .,?! etc. Can hardly understand.

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

VBR MP3 sucks for AVI files and causes a Lot of Problems like this...What I usually do is use a Simple Program called "Decompress.exe" which takes your AVI with VBR Mp3 audio and turns it into a AVI file with Wav audio without affecting the sync, then you encode the New AVI file to Mpeg...If you message me with your E-mail address I can send you this little Program....Cheers

4. Manngo

Manngo Member

There was a time, when I used Decompress.exe. It demaged the picture. Made jumps during playback. If U meet this problem, do not use, If no problem it will fix VBR and codec problems.

5. pulley

pulley Member

hi,
    thanks for all the info.
    i ended up using vdobmod,copied the file and it works fine. but the .avi was a perfect copy, but it ended up being slightly blurred around the edges of the people. is there a way around this?.

thankyou for your time!!.

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

If you use "Direct stream copy" on the Video then V-Dub does not do anything to the video so there should be absolutly no differance between the Original and the Copy......

7. pulley

pulley Member

the files i've got are over 700mb,when i use vdub it ended up over 42gigs. so i used tmpgenc to split and copy to vcd. do you know how to make the file smaller, or split the file using vdub?

thankyou, very nice and helpful people on the site!!!.

8. Minion

Minion Senior member

Like I said If you set the "Video" to "Direct Stream Copy" the AVI file will come out the same as the Input Video and will Not be 42gb....The reason why it was 42gb is because you had it in "Full Proscessing Mode" and the codec was set to "Uncompressed" so the File becomes Uncompressed which is why it is so big...You can only use V-Dub to edit AVI files if you want to Cut your Files after they have been converted to Mpeg/VCD you can do it with Tmpgenc"s "Merge & Cut"......

9. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Hehe it happened to me once :p I cant explain it... a fluke for sure... but BOY was i freaked/ :p

10. pulley

pulley Member

thankyou,
    man this is a great place for help, i really would like to thank all of you for your help with this!!!!. it was very nice of you to get back so fast with great advice. thanks again