1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound skips out randomly. Solution?

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by wmshred, Nov 22, 2004.

1. wmshred

wmshred Member

Just trying to backup my originals to save the media.

Using DVD Decrypter 5.3.0.1
    Pioneer DVR-108
    Ritek DVD-R 8X Media (burns at 4X yes I know)

Mounted the .iso image on a virtual drive and it plays back flawlessly. When burned to DVD media, the sound will skip out for a few seconds completely randomly. I'm no expert so I still can't conclude if the problem's with the media or just a bad burn (I verifed the disc). Some help?

2. Kingd

Kingd Guest

It's either player or media related. Now Riteks are supposed to be good media. Try burning it at 2x, see if that helps. You could also try different media to see if that helps. On the player side, check to see that you have the latest firmware.

3. wmshred

wmshred Member

I burned it at 2x like you said and now it works fine, which brings the supposed quality of Ritek media or my hardware to question. The firmware's been updated since day one, so that's not it. Now I can't help but feel I've lost something in this investment.

I'm aware the DVR-108 has compatibility issues with Ritek's DVD-R media, forcing the 8X discs to burn at half that speed, arising possibly from Pioneer's refusal to let the -R get the better of them, but has anybody else had these problems? I think there's alot of DVR-108 owners out there and one of them's bound to have come across this issue.

Perhaps there is a good reason afterall why this drive is less than 100USD retail...