1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sound sync with video

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by dazzyb, Mar 5, 2005.

1. dazzyb

dazzyb Member

When i have saved my AVI file from my VHS and convert it to mpeg for burning on to dvd,the quality is pretty good but the audio and the actual video doesnt match...ie you see people's mouths moving and a few seconds later you hear the sound????

proc1.7mhz
    512 ram
    40 gb hdd x 2
    ati radeon 256 mb vid card
    win xp pro
    soundblaster audio card
    win tv pci card
    firewire card
    liteonit dvd rw

2. jupeter

jupeter Guest

1\lose the video frame?2\unsuitabal soft player?

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

Sync Problems when captureing Video can be caused from a number of Different things...

Dropped Frames while Captureing can cause sync Problems...
    Dropped Frames are usually Caused from either your Hard Drive not being Fast enough to Write the Video data to the Drive in Real time Or it can be caused from your CPU being too slow to Compress the Video in Real Time....

Another thing that Can cause Sync problems is the Latency between the Time Clocks on your Video Capture card and your Sound Card...This Latency is usually only about a second or two per hour but over a whole movie it can cause a Pretty Major Sync problem....

Good Capture Software Should Compensate for this Time Latency and for Dropped Frames....Maybe Try Captureing directly to Mpeg-2 useing "InterVideo WinDVR 3.0" as it can compensate for Dropped Frames and the Latency between your Sound and Capture cards and it will also Save you a Bunch of Time you would spend encodeing to Mpeg-2 from AVI.....

Cheers

PS: If you want to capture to AVI look for a Setting in your Capture software that is called the "Master Stream" setting and set it to "Video" and this should Make the capture software Properly Compensate for Dropped Frames and any Latency....