1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sound

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by jubair, Feb 29, 2004.

1. jubair

jubair Member

I`ve downloaded a few movies and they have all the same problem.
    the sound is like studiosound.
    its an mpeg1 file.
    i`ve tried to change the settings on my tv and dvd and i could not fix the problem.
    does anybody got suggestions for this problem?

thanx

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

What do you mean by the sound being Like "StudioSound"??? You don"t Mean "Mono" do you?? Were the Sound only comes out of One speaker???
    And are these Mpeg1 files on CD-R as VCD"s???

3. jubair

jubair Member

i`ve tried to change the settings on my tv to stereo, but that doesn`t make a difference.
    the sound is coming straight from the tv.
    these mpeg1 files are burned as vcd on an dvd/rw.

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

I still don"t understand what is wrong with the sound??Is it Mono?? If so then it is because the Audio in the Mpeg1 files was encoded as Mono and the only way you can change it is to re-encode the Audio to Sterio in the Mpeg1 files...

5. Minion

Minion Senior member

I still don"t understand what is wrong with the sound??Is it Mono?? If so then it is because the Audio in the Mpeg1 files was encoded as Mono and the only way you can change it is to re-encode the Audio to Sterio in the Mpeg1 files...

6. jubair

jubair Member

how do i reencode it?
    and which program do i need for it?

7. Minion

Minion Senior member

Hi, Well you would have to extract the Mpeg1 files off of the DVD first, then you would have to Demultiplex the Mpeg1 files into seperate audio and Video files, You could use the "Mpeg Tools" in Tmpgenc to do this..Once you have a seperate audio and Video file you have to take the audio and encode it to Sterio which will not be True Sterio because you can not make true sterio out of Mono, it will be the Same Chanel comeing out of both speakers...You can encode it useing Tmpgenc also or any other audio encoder that supports Mpeg1 Layer 2 audio...after encodeing the audio you will have to re-author the Files to DVD useing your DVD Authoring Program......Good Luck