1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soundtrack only No Words???

Discussion in 'Audio' started by dukhnt, Mar 2, 2005.

1. dukhnt

dukhnt Member

I have a friend who is needing a source that provies the "music" only from a song and no actual singer. I believe these are called "soundtracks" they include the music, and in some cases the back-up singer voices, but no lead singer. If anyone can help me out here I would appreciate it. Thanks a lot in advance

2. gibney85

gibney85 Member

@ dukhnt...

Your 'friend' is in fact looking for whats called an instrumental. An instrumental track will include all the music, the sound effects and backing vocals.

Instrumentals are copyrighted material so you could either use a P2P client to search for the track and include the word 'instrumental' in the search or you could buy the official single cd that was released for the song. It should have the radio edit, album version, instrumental and possibly a remix(s).

Some record companes however have dropped the traditional single cd format and are now opting for a 2 track single cd with just the radio edit and the album version for a reduced price.

Your friend could possibly be a DJ like myself or just fancy his hand at mixing. I use instrumentals alot and usually buy most of them off the single cd's I mentioned above as most of the P2P music files are of inferior quality - Anyway, hope this helps